Chocolate and Coconut Flapjacks
I’ve seen various recipes for chocolate flapjacks over the years and to be honest I couldn’t really see the point. Flapjacks are so good anyway, how could they get better? Well, I’ve tried it now and I have to say they were good, not necessarily better but certainly different with a rich chocolatey flavour.
- 5oz (150g) butter
- 1 tbsp golden syrup
- 3oz (85g) dark muscovado sugar
- 100g bar dark chocolate (70%)
- 8oz (225g) rolled oats
- 2oz (55g) desiccated coconut
- a pinch of salt
- 2oz (55g) of raisins.
- Melt the butter with the golden syrup, muscovado sugar and chocolate in a large pan.
- Stir in the oats, coconut, salt and raisins.
- Press mixture into an 8″ sq greased cake tin and bake at 180°C (gas 4) for 17 mins.
- Leave to cool in the pan then cut into 12 pieces.
- Spelt Banoffee Flapjacks with Dark Chocolate - Fab Food 4 All - […] Chocolate & Coconut Flapjacks – Tin & Thyme […]