Raspberry and White Chocolate Flapjacks – Fast to Make and Easy to Eat

Raspberry and White Chocolate Flapjacks

As I was buying some bananas in the Co-op the other day, I noticed a pack of reduced price raspberries. I couldn’t resist. They were fine, but not quite enticing enough to eat as they were; they looked as though they needed to be used quickly. The fastest thing I know how to bake are flapjacks. In next to no time, I had a plate of warm raspberry and white chocolate flapjacks.

Raspberry and White Chocolate Flapjacks

I based my raspberry and white chocolate flapjacks on a recipe for blueberry and white chocolate flapjacks that I haven’t yet posted. I extricated some condensed milk which had been lurking in the back of the fridge since I made Baileys ice-cream and set to. The result were these fast and fruity flapjacks. They were both sweet and tart, crisp on the outside and nice and chewy on the inside – very tasty. If only all baking were this simple.

Raspberry Flapjacks

Flapjacks

I grew up on flapjacks and have many recipes for these fabulous oaty bakes. Have a look, you’re bound to find something you like the sound of. They are super fast to make. These raspberry and white chocolate flapjacks can be ready in half an hour. They’re particularly good for picnics, lunch boxes or eating on the go. They also make a delicious pudding when served warm with custard or cream. If you use gluten-free oats, they are also perfect for celiacs and those who have a gluten intolerance.

Raspberry and White Chocolate Flapjacks – The Recipe

3.63 from 8 votes
Raspberry and White Chocolate Flapjacks
Raspberry and White Chocolate Flapjacks
Prep Time
10 mins
Cook Time
20 mins
Total Time
30 mins

Fruity flapjacks that are both sweet and tart. Super fast to make, these can be ready in half an hour. Great for picnics and lunch boxes, they also make a delicious pudding served warm with custard or cream.
Course: Afternoon Tea, Picnics, Snack
Cuisine: British
Keywords: flapjacks, gluten-free, oats, raspberries, white chocolate
Servings: 12 flapjacks
  • 125 g unsalted butter
  • 200 ml condensed milk
  • 80 g white chocolate
  • 1 tsp vanilla bean paste or vanilla extract
  • 240 g rolled oats
  • 50 g jumbo oats
  • 150 g raspberries
  1. Melt the butter, condensed milk and white chocolate in a large pan over low heat.
  2. Mix in the vanilla bean paste.
  3. Stir in the oats and raspberries as carefully as you can until just combined.
  4. Press into an 8" or 9" sq silicone mould (or lined tin).
  5. Bake for 20 minutes at 180°C. Leave to cool then cut into 12 rectangles.

Other flapjack recipes you might like:

Linkies

Spotting the bargain price raspberries for 49p makes these simple but very tasty flapjacks prime targets for Credit Crunch Munch which is being hosted over at Jen’s Food this month. Challenge created by Helen of Fuss Free Flavours and Camilla of Fab Food 4 All.

Using up said raspberries and the condensed milk also means these flapjacks can be sent to the No Waste Food Challenge over at Elizabeth’s Kitchen Diary.

Let’s Get Fruity is the theme for this month’s Treat Petite with Baking Explorer and CakeyBoi.

Keep in Touch

Thanks for visiting Tin and Thyme. If you make these scrumptious raspberry and white chocolate flapjacks, I’d love to hear about it in the comments below or via social media. Do share photos on social media too and use the hashtag #tinandthyme, so I can spot them. For more delicious and nutritious recipes, follow me on TwitterFacebook, Instagram or Pinterest.

Raspberry and White Chocolate Flapjacks. PIN IT.

Raspberry and White Chocolate Flapjacks - quick to make, easy to eat and perfect for picnics, packed lunches and eating on the go. Also good as a pudding, served warm with custard or cream. #flapjacks #raspberries #whitechocolate #tinandthyme #traybake #glutenfree

1. Nayna Kanabar

11th June 2015 at 12:27 pm

These look delicious and I love all your photos, thanks for adding my flapjack post.

11th June 2015 at 1:28 pm

Thanks Nayna, coming from you that means a lot – thank you 🙂

2. Johanna @ Green Gourmet Giraffe

11th June 2015 at 1:05 pm

beautiful photo and love the sound of flapjacks with condensed milk and raspberries – wish I could find reduced price raspberries here – they are crazy prices now it is winter

11th June 2015 at 1:32 pm

Thanks Johanna. The condensed milk gives a really nice flavour and makes them slightly fudgy in texture. I guess the joy of seasonal food is to wait until it’s in season 🙂

3. Henk Kooiman

11th June 2015 at 4:26 pm

Never baked flapjacks before. They are not very well known in The Netherlands. I saw the list of other recipes and straight away put the oven on. For further reading: see my comment below the recipe for ‘jammy flapjacks’.

11th June 2015 at 7:28 pm

Ah yes Henk, flapjacks are a much loved British store cupboard classic. The standard recipe is butter, sugar, syrup and oats and what ever dried fruit and nut additions you care to add. It’s a great recipe to adapt too, using honey instead of syrup for example, or condensed milk as I have here.

4. Chris

11th June 2015 at 8:55 pm

Yummy! They look very delicious. Sometimes there has to be some simple baking, too, and sometimes also the other baking.

12th June 2015 at 8:11 am

True Chris, I’m all for simple baking, but sometimes it’s good to push the boat out.

5. Sisley white

11th June 2015 at 9:09 pm

These look and sound amazing. I know what I’m making this weekend 🙂

12th June 2015 at 8:12 am

Hooray Sisley, these are a lovely summer bake 🙂

6. Phil in the Kitchen

11th June 2015 at 11:55 pm

The reduced price fruit can look so tempting in the shops but I’m usually too pushed for time to use it in any elaborate recipe. This sounds like a very fine idea. I must remember this.

12th June 2015 at 8:16 am

Thanks Phil, being pushed for time is definitely overrated. Bring back those teenage years where we used to go on about being bored I say.

7. Jo

12th June 2015 at 12:32 am

I love the look of these, I bet they tasted amazing. Sometimes simple recipes are the best.

12th June 2015 at 8:19 am

Thanks Jo. Yes simple is good and often more achievable for time pressed home cooks.

8. Alida

12th June 2015 at 11:42 am

I love your flapjacks Choclette.. raspberries and white chocolate mmm. Great combo!
    Thanks a lot for your lovely comment of foodies 100 website. You are very kind x

12th June 2015 at 8:38 pm

Thanks Alida. You are very kind. I am just recognising excellence when I see it 🙂

9. Camilla

12th June 2015 at 1:21 pm

I love the look of these flapjacks and am intrigued by the addition of condensed milk which I’ve not seen used in a flapjack before. I have to admit to never buying it and I think the last time I did was as a teen in order to make some fudge. So I imagine these flapjacks to be extra gooey and fudgey:-) Thanks for linking to #CreditCrunchMunch and to my Banoffee Flapjacks:-)

12th June 2015 at 8:40 pm

Thanks Camilla. The condensed milk makes a change from sugar and syrup and does give them a bit of an appealing fudgy consistency 🙂

10. Dom

12th June 2015 at 2:16 pm

oooh, they look delicious and so girly!… I do adore a flapjack and I bet the raspberry tartness cut through the buttery sweetness beautifully x

12th June 2015 at 8:40 pm

Haha, girly flapjacks. I’ll remember that next time I have a girly get together Dom 😉

11. Lucy @ BakingQueen74

12th June 2015 at 7:54 pm

These look lovely! A must for slightly squashy raspberries I’d say

12th June 2015 at 8:36 pm

Thank you Lucy. Squashy raspberries certainly have their place 🙂

12. Hannah

12th June 2015 at 8:25 pm

These look great and so easy to make too x

12th June 2015 at 8:41 pm

Thanks Hannah, that’s the beauty of flapjacks – easy, fast and delicious.

13. Stephanie

12th June 2015 at 8:26 pm

Raspberries and white chocolate just go so well together, thanks for sharing x

12th June 2015 at 8:42 pm

Thanks Stephanie, you are so right. Thanks for stopping by.

14. Emma @ Adventures of a London Kiwi

13th June 2015 at 6:05 pm

Baking is such a good call for using up languishing fruit – in fact a pot of apricots on my bench could be perfect for this recipe *any excuse*

13th June 2015 at 6:33 pm

Ooh yes, apricot flapjacks would be gorgeous Emma.

15. Kate - gluten free alchemist

13th June 2015 at 8:52 pm

Mmmmm…. I love fruity flapjacks, especially chewy ones. These sound delicious and I love the pink colour peaking through!
    Flapjacks are so good for using up fruit. If you haven’t done it before, try roasting the fruit before it goes into the flapjack mix….. Divine!

14th June 2015 at 9:01 am

Ooh nice idea Kate. Co-incedntally, I roasted a load of strawberries yesterday but never though of putting them in flapjacks.

16. Bintu @ Recipes From A Pantry

14th June 2015 at 2:22 pm

I am not normally a fan of fruits in flapjacks but I really do want a bite of these.

15th June 2015 at 2:03 pm

If these don’t win you over Bintu, I’m not sure what will.

20th June 2015 at 9:08 pm

Mmm can’t go wrong with raspberries and white chocolate, gorgeous.

21st June 2015 at 9:07 am

It’s a great combination and why I’d never thought to try it out in flapjack form before now beats me.

18. Kat (The Baking Explorer)

20th June 2015 at 9:52 pm

These so look so delicious and perfectly presented! Love the use of raspberries. Thanks for entering into Treat Petite.

21st June 2015 at 9:11 am

Thanks Kat, the flapjacks are a great way to use up not quite perfect raspberries.

19. Henk Kooiman

21st June 2015 at 10:51 pm

Just a ‘teaser comment’: they are in the oven right now, so I’ll have one (or two) for breakfast tomorrow morning. A few minor alterations: substituted the jumbo oats (never heard of) for 50 g. of ground almonds, 120 g. instead of 150 g. raspberries (very expensive here this year, so I bought just one small box; the recipe better be good … ;))

22nd June 2015 at 9:11 am

Ooh, I hope you are not disappointed Henk. The jumbo oats are pretty much what they say – just larger oats which I added for extra texture, but ordinary oats would have been fine. I expect the addition of ground almonds will make them even more delicious, but I will be interested to find out if they still hold together properly.

• Henk Kooiman

23rd June 2015 at 9:58 pm

They are indeed rather crumbly because of the almonds, but the taste is good. I have to say that I have never been a fan of the taste of condensed milk, but I found a can in the cupboard and was curious enough to try this recipe. It is definitely to be recommended and the combination with raspberries and white chocolate is a good one.
        So, still 200 ml of condensed milk left to finish. Would it be a good idea to mix it into a brownie of some sort ?

24th June 2015 at 8:38 am

Not sure about brownies, but given the fudgy quality they have it’s worth a try. I make a dead easy ice-cream with 200 ml condensed milk. It doesn’t have an obvious taste as it’s combined with 600ml whipped double cream and whatever else you add – you’ll find loads of different recipes for it in my ice-cream recipe section. But I think you’d like these halva flapjacks which also use it – /2011/07/white-chocolate-halva-flapjacks/

20. Jen

5th July 2015 at 6:23 pm

I love flapjacks but have never tried making them with condensed milk before, will have to try that out. Thanks for sharing with Credit Crunch Munch 🙂

5th July 2015 at 6:59 pm

Thanks Jen. It gives them a bit of a fudgy consistency which I like.

21. Elizabeth

18th July 2015 at 7:01 am

These do sound rather heavenly! A great way to use up reduced price raspberries and some condensed milk. I could seriously go one of these for breakfast right now – oats are good breakfast food, no? 🙂 Thank you for sharing with the No Waste Food Challenge!

18th July 2015 at 12:15 pm

Haha Elizabeth, we can always try kidding ourselves. A seriously tasty treat though, that isn’t nearly as ‘bad’ as many.

22. Nikki

23rd January 2019 at 5:05 pm

Alternate to condensed milk would be appreciated . Giving these a go now.

24th January 2019 at 8:01 pm

Hi Nikki. Without trialing out another recipe, I wouldn’t like to give a substitution on this as the condensed milk brings very particular qualities.

23. Arnab Saha

29th March 2019 at 8:45 pm

These look great and so easy to make too. I also love flapjacks but have never tried making it. Thanks for sharing Raspberry and White Chocolate Flapjacks.

30th March 2019 at 5:07 pm

Yes flapjacks are very easy to make, so you have no excuse 😉