Chocolate and Cinnamon Shortbread
Completely seduced by a wonderful picture of shortbread in Food, I’ve had shortbread on the brain all week. So today I thought I’d give it a go. I’ve never managed to make shortbread which is as delicious as the ones you get at WI markets, so was a bit dubious. However, adding cocoa and cinnamon gave me confidence because I wasn’t trying to emulate the oh – so – excellent WI product.
- Creamed 175g unsalted butter with 75g caster sugar and a pinch of salt.
- Sifted in 20g cocoa, 60g semolina, 170g plain white spelt flour and 1/2 tsp cinnamon.
- Mixed this all together, then formed it into a ball with my hands and rolled it out in a round until about 1 1/2 cm thick.
- Put this on a buttered baking tray and baked for 30 mins at 150°C.
- Marked surface into squares whilst still warm then left to cool on tray.
- Dusted with caster sugar.