Flapjacks are marvellous things. They’re quick to make, tasty and not quite as naughty as most sweet bakes. These rich chocolate coconut flapjacks are made additionally tasty and chewy by adding desiccated coconut and raisins. This is a super speedy recipe for when you want something scrumptious in a hurry.
I’ve seen various recipes for chocolate flapjacks over the years and to be honest I couldn’t really see the point. Flapjacks are so good anyway, how could they get better? Well, I’ve tried it now and I have to say they were good, not necessarily better but certainly different with a rich chocolatey flavour.
Chocolate and Coconut Flapjacks
As it turns out, this recipe is the one out of all my flapjack recipes that my friends request the most. You’re most popular recipes are my carrot cake flapjacks and raspberry & white chocolate flapjacks.
My basic flapjack recipe is adapted from one of my favourite vegetarian cookbooks, Gaia’s Kitchen by Julia Ponsonby. Pretty much all you need to do is melt the butter, sugar and golden syrup in a large pan. Then it’s just a case of adding the remaining ingredients. Stir, scrape into a tin and bake. Easy peasy.
I usually use a few more oats or less syrup than the original recipe to make it less sweet. And I always end up adding various bits and pieces to it. This time I added chocolate, coconut and raisins. Well it’s hard to go wrong with that combination.
Other Flapjack Recipes You Might Like
- Blueberry & white chocolate flapjacks
- Coconut & chocolate flapjacks (vegan)
- Ginger & chocolate flapjacks
- Halva flapjacks with white chocolate
- Honey flapjacks with figs & almonds
- Jammy flapjacks
Keep in Touch
Thanks for visiting Tin and Thyme. If you make these rich chocolate coconut flapjacks, I’d love to hear about it in the comments below. And do please rate the recipe. Have you any top tips? Do share photos on your preferred social media site and use the hashtag #tinandthyme, so I can spot them.
If you’d like more coconut recipes, follow the link and you’ll find I have quite a lot of them. All delicious and nutritious, of course.
Chocolate Coconut Flapjacks. PIN IT.
Chocolate Coconut Flapjacks – The Recipe
Chocolate, Coconut and Raisin Flapjacks
- 5 oz (150g) butter
- 1 tbsp golden syrup
- 3 oz (85g) dark muscovado sugar
- a pinch of salt
- 100 g bar dark chocolate (70%)
- 8 oz (225g) rolled oats
- 2 oz (55g) desiccated coconut
- 2 oz (55g) of raisins.
- Melt the butter with the golden syrup, muscovado sugar and chocolate in a large pan.
- Stir in the salt followed by the raisins, coconut and oats in that order.
- Using the back of a spoon, press mixture into an 20cm (8″) sq greased cake tin and bake at 180℃ (350℉, Gas 4) for 20 minutes. Or until the flapjacks are golden, but not too dark.
- Leave to cool in the pan then cut into 12 pieces.