14 Celebratory Chocolate Recipes and January’s We Should Cocoa

14 Celebratory Chocolate Recipes

We Should Cocoa | 1st January 2017 | By

It’s a new year and a new start. Always an exciting time with resolutions, ideas and enthusiasm abounding. New diet plans may be in the offing, but we are still in festive season, so I have no qualms in offering up these 14 celebratory chocolate recipes from chocolate loving food bloggers.

If you scroll down to the bottom of the post you’ll also find the January link up for this month’s We Should Cocoa. Please do join in. I wish you all a very Happy New Year.

14 Celebratory Chocolate Recipes

Syllabub Star Cups

Chocolate cups make such a good container for all sorts of goodies. Kat at Baking Explorer went one better with these syllabub star cups.

Raspberry & White Chocolate Fudge

Fudge makes a perfect gift for the sweet toothed among us. I’m itching to try this raspberry & white chocolate fudge from Angela at Only Crumbs Remain.

Vegan Nutella Cream Liqueur

If you like your chocolate in liquid form you’ll likely want to try some of this vegan nutella cream liqueur from Nico at Yumsome.

Mulled Wine Brownies

Brownies are so hard to resist and even more so with the inclusion of mulled wine. You’ll find the recipe for these gorgeous gluten free mulled wine chocolate brownies over at Cakes by Noah

Chocolate Pistachio Biscotti

I also went gluten free with my festive We Should Cocoa bake last month. These chocolate pistachio biscotti with orange and cardamom were delicious.

Banana Chocolate Bran Muffins

These banana and chocolate bran muffins from Jo at Seven Green Apples are made with kefir, so they get a big bonus from me 🙂

Prodigious Pav No festive occasion is complete without some sort of meringue. This prodigious pav from Jenny at Apply to Face Blog is a fuss free regular at her dining room table.

Vegetarian Rocky Road

Slabs of chocolatey goodness packed with fruit and nuts is another festive must have. Dom over at Belleau Kitchen even found some vegetarian friendly marshmallows to go into his Christmas gluten-free rocky road which makes them even more appealing.

Chocolate Blackberry Pizza

Who doesn’t love pizza? Johanna at Green Gourmet Giraffe came up with this fab chocolate and blackberry pizza made with cream cheese and maple syrup. it sounds quite exotic, but how I want a slice.

Chocolate Chestnut Cupcakes

If you have any tins of chestnut puree lurking in your cupboards, you could follow Cakeyboi’s example and make these chocolate and chestnut cupcakes.

Chestnut Flour Brownies

Suelle from Mainly Baking also baked with a combination of chocolate and chestnut – chestnut flour brownies.

Chocolate Mint Christmas Tree

Just look at this splendid layered chocolate-mint Christmas tree from Gluten Free Alchemist. It’s gluten free, of course.

Snowmen Brownie Pops When it comes to festive gifts, what could be more adorable than one of these snowman brownie pops from Sarah at Tales from the Kitchen Shed?

Truffle Baubles

And finally for something to hang from the tree, we have chocolate truffle Christmas baubles from Lucy at Baking Queen.

Tags:

1. Corina

1st January 2017 at 3:15 pm

Lovely round up! In spite of having eaten more chocolate than in most of the rest of the year over the last month I’m still getting hungry looking at all the recipes – I do like the idea of those chocolate baubles!

1st January 2017 at 9:07 pm

I know what you mean Corina. I sort of thought I might be sick of anything chocolatey by now, but sadly, that doesn’t seem to be the case 😉

2. Angie@Angie's Recipes

1st January 2017 at 4:19 pm

I am not the one who makes resolutions in the NY, but a new beginning with some chocolate treats is always GREAT :-))
    Happy New Year, Choclette.

1st January 2017 at 8:22 pm

Thank you Angie and I wish you a very Happy New Year too 😀

3. Shaheen

1st January 2017 at 5:16 pm

All lovely and i have to admit, other than the odd chocolate sweetie here and there, i have been rather good – but these would all tempt me! Happy New Year to you and CT xx

1st January 2017 at 8:21 pm

Thank you Shaheen. I can’t say that I’ve been at all good, but I’ve enjoyed every minute of it 😉 I hope you’ve had a good break and I wish you both a Happy New Year too. CT says Blwyddyn Newydd Dda.

4. Lucy

1st January 2017 at 9:06 pm

Brilliant roundup Choclette! I love the look of the mulled wine brownies and the chestnut flour ones. Am feeling a bit stuffed right now but am sure I will be using chocolate in a recipe very soon!

2nd January 2017 at 6:41 pm

Yes, it’s definitely getting to the point I’ve had enough. We went out to a tea shop today and I greedily ordered a brownie. I then just wished I hadn’t.

5. Johanna @ Green Gourmet Giraffe

1st January 2017 at 10:17 pm

What a marvellous array of chocolatey treats – I want one of each. I love the sound of the mulled wine brownies and I just love the look of the pav because my mum can’t plan a family meal without one! And Kate’s layered chocolate mint christmas tree cake is just stunning! Look forward to lots more chocolate in 2017!

2nd January 2017 at 6:50 pm

Thanks Johanna and thanks for being such a great contributor. Yes, I always wish there was some way of being able to have a bit out of each entry – now wouldn’t that be something?

6. Elinor aka Beachhutcook

2nd January 2017 at 11:02 am

Lovely round up. Never enough chocolate recipes published in my book. I do love the look of those brownies. Thanks for showing as mine always seem to be dry and they look lush.

2nd January 2017 at 6:48 pm

I’m rather sadly addicted to brownies and have more recipes for them on my blog than anything else. I’m always convinced that my latest recipe is the best ever! Suelle’s chestnut flour ones will have to be tried.

2nd January 2017 at 6:23 pm

Wow, fantastic chocolate treats. Just realised I can add my Smoothie Bowl to the January linky, will go and add the logo 🙂

2nd January 2017 at 6:43 pm

Yay, you are one step ahead of me. Excellent idea 🙂

8. Kate - gluten free alchemist

2nd January 2017 at 10:25 pm

Amazing round up Choclette! I can’t believe how much I have eaten over the last couple of weeks, yet I could happily munch my way through most of these. Great to see a good few gluten free offerings in the list!
    Thanks for continuing to host We Should Cocoa over (one of my faves) and all the best for 2017 xx

3rd January 2017 at 3:55 pm

Ah thanks Kate. I will endeavour to keep it going for a while longer 🙂 Yes, I find I’m fed up with eating after Christmas for, hmmm, all of a day and then I could do it all over again 🙂

9. Sylvia @ Happiness is homeade

3rd January 2017 at 7:31 pm

What a brilliant selection! I love the idea of creamy chocolatey nutella liqueur, it must have taste like a dream, oh and the fudge!

3rd January 2017 at 8:00 pm

I’m rather keen on trying that liqueur too Sylvia 😉

10. Becca @ Amuse Your Bouche

4th January 2017 at 11:01 am

I am in absolute heaven looking through this. Love that Christmas tree, amazing!

5th January 2017 at 2:36 pm

Yes, that Christmas tree is something else. Truly amazing.

11. Angela / Only Crumbs Remain

14th January 2017 at 9:01 am

Great round up Chocolette, I’m just loving Sarah’s Snowman Brownie CakePops,
    Angela x

14th January 2017 at 11:19 am

Thank Angela. I always enjoy seeing what people bring to We Should Cocoa. The snowmen are really clever.

12. Nayna Kanabar

19th January 2017 at 5:23 pm

What a wonderful selection of desserts. They all look so delicious.

20th January 2017 at 5:47 pm

I find it very hard to get fed up of chocolate 😉