Indulgent Chocolate Milk: Nurture Your Inner Hedonist for Organic September
I make no excuses for posting this indulgent chocolate milk drink. It’s nothing like my salted caramel chocolate milkshake and I’m making no health claims for this one. It’s a rich confection full of chocolate and cream and is purely for pleasure.
As it’s Organic September, I’ve made this indulgent chocolate milk with 100% organic ingredients. I always buy organic milk and usually buy organic chocolate. However, organic cream is harder to get hold of, so that’s a much rarer item in the Tin and Thyme household. The Soil Association are asking everyone to make a small change in their buying habits for #OrganicSeptember; I bought some organic cream.
I have a brand new gadget in my kitchen. It’s the new Optimum G2.3 platinum series induction blender. I’ve been testing it out on a few things and blitzing a bar of solid chocolate to make this smooth chocolate milk was one of them. It did it, of course. I’ll be posting my review of this bit of kit in a week or two’s time, so look out for it.
This chocolate milk may be indulgent, but if you have it in small measures, it’s not really so bad. The amount I’ve given in the recipe gives 3 small 125ml cups or glasses, but if you want to go to town you could make two larger drinks or even one super shake. Go easy though, because a little goes a long way. If you prefer to have your chocolate milk hot, then forget the blitzing method and melt the chocolate in a pan with the milk and cream over a low heat, stirring from time to time. Sit back, put your feet up and enjoy.
- 250ml organic milk
- 50ml organic double cream
- 75g organic chocolate of choice - I used G&B 35% milk chocolate
- Break up the chocolate roughly.
- Place all of the ingredients into a power blender and blitz for 60 seconds. I used the small jug of my new Optimum G2.3.
- Pour into 3 small glasses and decorate with a little grated chocolate if liked.
- Use dark chocolate for a richer and less sweet drink.
- Add a slug of whisky for extra indulgence.
- For a hot chocolate, simply melt the chocolate in a pan with the milk and cream over a low heat, stirring from time to time.