Start the day as you mean to go on. That’s how I kid myself when I have this raw chocolate smoothie for breakfast anyhow. It’s delicious, healthy and a breeze to make. Perfect for breakfast or a post workout boost.
Raw Chocolate Smoothie for Breakfast
Our supply of raw milk is back and we are stupidly excited about it. We lost it over a year ago when our Cornish food shop closed. We can now buy it again at our local pannier market. This means I am at last able to make raw food smoothies. These feel like a nice healthy start to the day. If you’re vegan or not drinking dairy for whatever reason, you can easily substitute the raw milk for a non-dairy milk of your choice. Almond milk would probably be my preferred one for this raw chocolate smoothie.
I add various ingredients to a basic mix, but this one involves an organic raw chocolate and almond spread. This may not be the easiest thing to get hold of, so in the recipe I’ve suggested using raw almond butter instead along with cocoa nibs or raw cacao powder.
I’m not too keen on sweet stuff for breakfast, preferring to keep that for later in the day. I find the banana in this raw chocolate smoothie makes it plenty sweet enough for me. CT agrees. But please do add an additional sweetener such as maple syrup, agave nectar or raw honey if you feel the need.
This raw chocolate smoothie makes for a nice breakfast treat and a change from our normal toast. “It’s silky smooth, but it won’t bite back”, quipped CT as he drank his smoothie from a Cobra glass.
Other Smoothie Recipes You Might Like
- Beetroot leaf green smoothie
- Berry & rose kefir smoothie
- Blueberry kefir smoothie
- Carrot smoothie with ginger & orange
- Cucumber & celery summer smoothie
- Double pear green smoothie bowl (vegan)
- Ginger green goddess smoothie (vegan)
- Kefir raw cacao & goji berry smoothie
- Mango carrot smoothie
- Matcha & banana superfood breakfast smoothie
- Raspberry cashew smoothie (vegan)
- Spring tonic nettle smoothie
- Sunshine grapefruit smoothie
If you’d like to find even more smoothie recipes, head over to my Super Smoothies recipe board on Pinterest. You’ll find absolutely loads to choose from there.
Keep in Touch
Thanks for visiting Tin and Thyme. If you make this raw chocolate breakfast smoothie, I’d love to hear about it in the comments below. And do please rate the recipe. Have you any top tips? Do share photos on social media too and use the hashtag #tinandthyme, so I can spot them.
If you’d like more breakfast recipes, follow the link and you’ll find I have quite a lot of them. All delicious and nutritious, of course.
Raw Chocolate Smoothie – The Recipe
Raw Chocolate Breakfast Smoothie
- 750 millilitres raw milk (or plant milk of choice)
- 1 large or 2 small bananas
- 1 tbsp chia seeds
- 2 tbsp raw almond nut butter (or 3 tbsp raw chocolate & almond spread)
- 2 tbsp rolled oats
- 1 tbsp cocoa nibs or raw cacao powder
- Place all ingredients in a blender and blitz for a few seconds.750 millilitres raw milk, 1 large or 2 small bananas, 1 tbsp chia seeds, 2 tbsp raw almond nut butter, 2 tbsp rolled oats, 1 tbsp cocoa nibs or raw cacao powder
- Pour into glasses and enjoy.
I’m entering this raw chocolate smoothie recipe into Javelin Warrior’s Made with Love Mondays. It may not have taken long to make, but it was certainly made with love.