Salted Caramel Chocolate Milkshake – A Superfood Hit in a Glass
Before ever I made vegan salted caramel sauce, I made this salted caramel chocolate milkshake. It’s delicious and completely satisfies any sweet cravings I have. Yet it’s made with raw ingredients, is refined sugar-free and is loaded with various superfoods. It puts a real spring in my step along with a self-satisfied milky smirk.
I used my homemade hemp milk for this drink, but any milk of your choice would work, even cow, goat or sheep’s milk, if you’re not vegan or dairy intolerant. It’s a simple process of bunging everything into a blender and blitzing. If you’ve got a good blender, you’ll get a super smooth drink. I use my Froothie Optimum 9200A power blender which does just that. If you can’t find mesquite powder, maca powder works in this salted caramel chocolate milkshake almost as well. Using raw cacao powder gives the benefit of additional nutrients, but if you’re not fussed, cocoa powder would be fine.
- 250ml plant milk of choice - I used hemp milk
- 3 medjool dates - pitted
- 1 tsp mesquite powder
- 2 tsp raw cacao powder
- pinch of sea salt (I used grey sea salt)
- 100% chocolate - grated (optional)
- Put everything, except the chocolate, into a power blender and blitz for 30-40 seconds - I used my Froothie Optimum 9200A.
- Pour into a tall glass and top with a grating of chocolate if desired.
- Ice can be added to the blender ingredients for an even longer and cooler drink.
Other recipes for vegan milk drinks you might like
- Coconut, banana & matcha-ccino via Fuss Free Flavours
- Date tahini smoothie via Rough Measures
- Middle Eastern inspired almond milks via Nadia’s Healthy Kitchen
I use my Optimum 9200A for smoothies, spreads, sauces and even chocolate making. The post contains affiliate links. Buying through a link will not cost you any more, but I will get a small commission. This helps keep Tin and Thyme blythe and blogging. Opinions are, as always, my own.