Raspberry and White Chocolate Flapjacks
As I was buying some bananas in the Co-op the other day, I noticed a pack of reduced price raspberries. I couldn’t resist. They were fine, but not quite enticing enough to eat as they were; they looked as though they needed to be used quickly. The fastest thing I know how to bake are flapjacks.
Using a recipe for blueberry and white chocolate flapjacks that I haven’t yet posted, I extricated some condensed milk which had been lurking in the back of the fridge since I made Baileys ice-cream and set to. The result were these fast and fruity flapjacks. They were both sweet and tart, crisp on the outside and nice and chewy on the inside – very tasty. If only all baking were this simple.
- 125g unsalted butter
- 200 ml condensed milk
- 80g white chocolate
- 1 tsp vanilla bean paste (or vanilla extract)
- 240g rolled oats
- 50g jumbo oats
- 150g raspberries
- Melt the butter, condensed milk and white chocolate in a large pan over low heat.
- Mix in the vanilla bean paste.
- Stir in the oats and raspberries as carefully as you can until just combined.
- Press into an 8" or 9" sq silicone mould (or lined tin).
- Bake for 20 minutes at 180°C. Leave to cool then cut into 12 rectangles.
Using up said raspberries and the condensed milk also means these flapjacks can be sent to the No Waste Food Challenge over at Elizabeth’s Kitchen Diary.
Other flapjack recipes you might like:
- Banana blueberry granola bars – Rough Measure
- Banana, coconut and white chocolate flapjacks – Tin and Thyme
- Chocolate coconut flapjacks – Tin and Thyme
- Chocolate mincemeat flapjacks – Tin and Thyme
- Chocolate peanut butter flapjacks – Penne For Your Thoughts
- Coconut and chocolate vegan flapjacks – Tin and Thyme
- Double strawberry flapjacks – Lancashire Food
- Fig, almond and choc chip honey flapjacks – Tin and Thyme
- Halva flapjacks – Tin and Thyme
- Honey ginger flapjacks – Simply Food
- Jammy flapjacks – Tin and Thyme
- Marmalade Flapjacks – Foodie Quine
- Prune and coconut flapjacks – Fuss Free Flavours
- Salt caramel flapjacks from United Cakedom
- Salted almond flapjacks – Celery and Cupcakes
- Spelt banoffee flapjacks with dark chocolate – Fab Food 4 All