Banana, Coconut & White Chocolate Flapjacks
I’ve seen various recipes for using banana in flapjacks over the years, but keep forgetting to try it myself. When I saw this recipe over at Jam and Clotted Cream last week, I bookmarked it immediately. I had two old bananas left over from the banana and peanut butter cake that were in dire need of using up and sadly, for a Jubiliee weekend, we had no cakes, bakes or other goodies in the house. Time to try out some banana flapjacks!
This is how I did it:
- Melted 150g of unsalted butter in a pan with 1 tbsp of syrup and 50g white chocolate (G&B)
- Mashed 2 bananas in a large bowl.
- Stirred in 60g soft brown sugar.
- Stirred in 50g desiccated coconut.
- Mixed in butter mixture until all incorporated.
- Stirred in 300g rolled oats.
- Pressed into a 9″ square silicone mould and sprinkled with sesame seeds.
- Baked for 20 minutes at 180C.
- Left to cool then cut into 16 squares.