Cranberry, Walnut & White Chocolate Cookies: Sweet & Simple Bakes
My third Sweet and Simple Bake AND it was another chocolate one – hoorah! It was also a great one to make for Christmas presents. How could I not do it? Thank you Maria and Rosie for coming up with such a splendid idea. As I didn’t have any pecans but had loads of walnuts in stock, I decided to substitute one for the other. I also only used 100g of white chocolate as I didn’t really want to have to start another bar and I thought one bar would be enough. Other than that I mostly followed the recipe as given.
- Creamed 125g unsalted butter with 100g caster sugar and 75g dark brown sugar until pale.
- Beat in a large egg and 1 tsp vanilla essence.
- Mixed in 150g flour (1/2 wholemeal spelt and 1/2 white spelt), 1/2 tsp baking powder, 1/2 tsp salt (pink Himalayan) and 75g rolled oats.
- Stirred in 75g dried cranberries, 75g roughly chopped walnuts and 100g white chocolate (Green & Black’s) roughly chopped.
- Formed mixture into roughly walnut size balls (36), placed on lined baking sheets and squashed down with a fork.
- Baked in a preheated oven for 12 mins at 180C (gas 4) until golden in colour.
- Let cool for a few minutes then removed with a spatula onto a wire rack to cool completely.
- Packaged into cellophane bags, labelled and tied up with a ribbon.