Oat biscuits made with wholemeal spelt flour and oats. Light on sugar but strong on flavour, these crunchy peanut butter cookies with zesty orange are both healthy and delicious. They make a good accompaniment to a morning or afternoon cuppa.
When I’m in the mood for biscuits, I want a recipe that’s quick and simple to make. I find a cookie craving needs to be satisfied fast, or I might be in danger of a trip to the shops for a packet of biscuits loaded with sugar and other unwanted ingredients. These cookies fit the bill nicely.
Crunchy Peanut Butter Cookies with Zesty Orange & Oats
The biscuits are crunchy-on-the-outside and chewy-on-the-inside. What’s more they only take thirty minutes to make from start to finish. They’re made with wholemeal spelt flour and oats for additional nutrition. The cookies are light on sugar but strong on flavour and the peanut butter and orange compliment each other in a highly satisfying way.
They make an especially good accompaniment to a morning or afternoon cuppa and fill any holes that might be encountered through the day.
Other Oat Cookie Recipes You Might Like
- ABC cookies (vegan) via Utterly Scrummy Food for Families
- Chewy trail mix oatmeal cookies via Elizabeth’s Kitchen Diary
- Crunchy coconut oatmeal cookies via From Plate to Pen
- Ginger cranberry oatmeal cookies via Baking Queen
- Ginger spice cookies via Friends, Family Food
- Oaty ginger chocolate biscuits via Tin and Thyme
- Spelt, rye & berry cookies via Tin and Thyme
Thanks for visiting Tin and Thyme. If you make these crunchy peanut butter cookies, I’d love to hear about it in the comments below. Do share photos on your preferred social media site and use the hashtag #tinandthyme, so I can spot them.
Why not pin these crunchy peanut butter cookies for later?
Crunchy Peanut Butter Cookies – The Recipe
Crunchy Peanut Butter Cookies with Zesty Orange and Oats
- 50 g salted butter
- 50 g crunchy peanut butter
- 75 g light muscovado sugar
- zest of 1 orange
- 1 egg
- 100 g wholemeal spelt flour
- ½ tsp bicarbonate of soda
- 75 g rolled oats
- Cream the butter, peanut butter and sugar together until light and fluffy.
- Beat in the orange zest, followed by the egg.
- Sift in the flour and bicarbonate of soda and add the oats. Mix until just combined.
- Place heaped teaspoonfuls well apart on a large lined baking tray or two small ones.
- Place in a ready heated oven and bake at 180℃ for 10-12 minutes, depending on how well done you like your biscuits.