We Should Cocoa #71 – The July 2016 Challenge

Salted Caramel Cake

Gosh it’s the first of a new month. They seem to come round faster every time. This month is my birthday month and in a new tradition that I’m liking very much, it seems to be fine to celebrate the entire month through. So, I’m celebrating with We Should Cocoa by giving me and everyone else, one of the easiest challenges ever.

July is not only my birthday month, but CTs too. It was also my grandmother’s and grandfather’s and is shared by many of my friends. I almost know more people born in July than the rest of the entire year. So it really does seem fitting to celebrate the whole month. With an abundance of berries, you could create an extravagant chocolate gateau, beat the heat with some ice cream or just indulge yourself in a glorious hot chocolate. In fact you can make whatever you like as long as chocolate or cocoa feature as a main ingredient. So yes, it’s ANYTHING GOES.

Last month, Johanna over at Green Gourmet Giraffe kindly hosted the event. She chose Malt as the ingredient to pair with chocolate. If you haven’t yet seen her round-up of gorgeous malty chocolate creations, please do head over and take a look.

A reminder of the guidelines for entering #WeShouldCocoa

1. Post your recipe on your blog – accompanying photographs would be nice. Do please make sure you have permission to use any photos that are not your own.
  2. Mention “We Should Cocoa” in your post and link back to Tin and Thyme.
  3. Only one entry per challenge please and it must be posted this month.
  4. Entry is via linky at the bottom of the post.
  5. Entries should be submitted no later than midnight of the 28th.
  6. The round up of entries will be posted on or before the last day of the month.
  7. Please use the #weshouldcocoa hashtag on Twitter and I will endeavour to retweet.
  8. Feel free to add your entry to the We Should Cocoa group board on Pinterest. If you are not already a member and would like to join, please ask me, Choclette.
  9. By linking up you are giving consent for your image to be included in the monthly round up as well as possibly being shared on social media channels such as Twitter and Pinterest.

1. Dom

1st July 2016 at 6:27 pm

Hey C… sorry I haven’t been taking part recently, it’s all just been a bit to hectic in real life but this is such an easy theme and it is your birthday so there are no excuses… plus I am baking chocolate this weekend so I give you free reign to shout at me if I forget!! xx

2nd July 2016 at 9:58 am

Excellent Dom and no worries I shall be on your back if I don’t get something soon 😉

2. Suelle

1st July 2016 at 7:32 pm

I have two family birthdays this month – mine and my son’s – and we always celebrate with chocolate!

2nd July 2016 at 10:00 am

July’s generally a nice time to have a birthday. I look forward to seeing what chocolate creations you come up with to celebrate Suelle.

3. Elaine Livingstone

2nd July 2016 at 6:46 am

spotted this in my blogger feed, I may well have to come back and join in. The month 28th Oct to 28th Nov is our bad month with too many birthdays. Have a happy birthday when it comes

2nd July 2016 at 10:11 am

Thanks Elaine. Yes it can get a bit much with one birthday after another, but it’s sort of fun too. It would be great if you could join in with #WeShouldCocoa this month.

3rd July 2016 at 8:03 pm

I hope you have a fabulous birthday month full of chocolate.

4th July 2016 at 1:02 pm

Here’s hoping Janice. Thank you. As you can see in today’s blog post, I’m not doing too badly so far 😉

5. Monica

4th July 2016 at 2:10 pm

Hey it’s my birthday month too! July birthdays are the best! Hope yours is a great one. 🙂

4th July 2016 at 9:52 pm

Thanks Monica, of course they are the best 🙂 Plans scuppered, so having to rethink. I’m sure I’ll have a good day anyway.

6. Fiona Maclean

4th July 2016 at 10:35 pm

I’m not travelling too much this month – so maybe!

5th July 2016 at 9:20 am

Wow, now that would really be something Fiona 🙂

7. Becca @ Amuse Your Bouche

8th July 2016 at 4:59 pm

Ohhhhhh my goodness that cake at the top is calling my name! Looks absolutely unbelievable! Looking forward to seeing what everyone cooks up this month 🙂

9th July 2016 at 6:37 pm

The thing is, I never got to try that cake Becca. I made it for a friend of a friend. Keep thinking I should make it again as I love salted caramel.

8. Jacqueline Meldrum

8th July 2016 at 8:02 pm

I was about to say I’ll add it to The Food Blog Diary, but it’s already there. So all good!

9th July 2016 at 6:36 pm

Oh brilliant, that’s good to know. Thanks Jac 🙂

9. Johanna @ Green Gourmet Giraffe

21st July 2016 at 2:44 pm

Happy birthday for July choclette! I have had quite a bit of chocolate in my kitchen this month but wanted to save these lamingtons I just submitted to you – you might notice that I still have some malt inspiration that I could not resist trying out 🙂

22nd July 2016 at 9:10 pm

Excellent Johanna, I look forward to seeing those and thank you for the birthday wishes. I haven’t managed to find much time to go out, but I have had a few treats 🙂

10. Angela / Only Crumbs Remain

23rd July 2016 at 6:45 pm

Happy birthday – or even belated birthday wishes if it’s already passed Choclette. Most of our family & friends birthdays tend to fall on oct/ nov – it ends up being a busy (but fun) few weeks!
    Angela x

26th July 2016 at 9:47 am

Thanks very much Angela. My birthday was a few weeks ago now. I took the day off and had a great time. November seems like a good time to have some celebrations, it always feels like a bit of a drear month.

11. Isabella Sewell

27th July 2016 at 4:31 pm

Hope you had a lovely birthday – that cake looks delicious!! I love the idea of celebrating the whole month 😉

27th July 2016 at 5:00 pm

Thanks Isabella. So do I, it was a wish rather than an actuality 😉

12. nessjibberjabberuk

28th July 2016 at 10:31 pm

I’m adding another birthday this month with Harry Potter’s!

29th July 2016 at 1:44 pm