Doesn’t roasted plum parfait sound delicious? Well you wouldn’t be far wrong. It’s a light and fresh tasting summer dessert made with layers of roasted plums and a mixture of yoghurt, cream and lemon curd.
Unless you’re lucky enough to be somewhere you can pick plums straight off a tree, I usually find that shop bought ones aren’t that ripe and are better cooked. I had some beautiful looking plums in my Delicado48 box, but I’m guessing they must have been in cold storage as it’s hardly plum season now. Roasting, I reckoned was the way to go and as it was a Sunday, we had a roast, the only difference being ours was a plum parfait.
Much like most vegetables, roasting brings out the flavour of many fruits and it works particularly well with stone fruit. I roasted the plums in a little coconut oil and a drizzle of maple syrup. They were very tasty just on their own, but when layered with a mixture of cream, yoghurt and homemade lemon curd to form the roasted plum parfait, they were fabulous. I wanted to keep the flavours as light and fresh as possible, so I didn’t spice this up in anyway, but you could if you wanted to.
Other Dessert Recipes Using Plums You Might Like
- Almond plum tart via Wallflower Kitchen
- Amaretti, plum and white chocolate ripple via Tin and Thyme
- Cinnamon spiced pancakes with cinnamon poached plums via Farmersgirl Kitchen
- Grain free ginger and vanilla plum crumble via Gluten Free, SCD and Veggie
- Plum and amaretto crumble via Foodie Quine
- Plum crumble waffles via The Veg Space
- Polenta plum upside down cake via The Veg Space
- Rose plum upside-down cake via Tin and Thyme
- Slow cooker plum and almond cake via Baking Queen
- Star anise plum sorbet via A2K – A Seasonal Veg Table
- Victoria plum cake via Tin and Thyme
- Walnut plum pizza via Tin and Thyme
Thanks for visiting Tin and Thyme. If you make this roasted plum parfait with lemon curd, I’d love to hear about it in the comments below or via social media. Do share photos on social media too and use the hashtag #tinandthyme, so I can spot them. For more delicious and nutritious recipes, follow me on Twitter, Facebook, Instagram or Pinterest.
Roasted Plum Parfait. PIN IT.
Roasted Plum Parfait – The Recipe
Roasted Plum Parfait with Lemon Curd
- 4 large plums
- 1 tbsp coconut oil
- 2 tbsp maple syrup
- 200 ml double cream
- 200 ml natural yoghurt
- 2 tbsp lemon curd (I used homemade)
- Heat the oven to 200C. Place the coconut oil into a small roasting dish and warm in the oven.
- Cut the plums in half and take out the stone.
- Place them in the dish, cut side down and drizzle the maple syrup over the top.
- Roast for a good 20 minutes, turning the plums half way. They should be completely soft and slightly caramelised when finished. Leave to cool a little.
- Whip the cream until it's just holding it's shape. Gently stir in the yoghurt and lemon curd. The mixture will thicken, so go lightly.
- Take four small glasses and spoon an eighth of the plum compote into the bottoms, followed by an eighth of the cream mixture. Repeat the layers, reserving a piece of plum for the top.