Roasted Plum Parfait with Lemon Curd
Unless you’re lucky enough to be somewhere you can pick plums straight off a tree, I usually find that shop bought ones aren’t that ripe and are better cooked. I had some beautiful looking plums in my Delicado48 box, but I’m guessing they must have been in cold storage as it’s hardly plum season now. Roasting, I reckoned was the way to go and as it was a Sunday, we had a roast, the only difference being ours was a plum parfait.
Much like most vegetables, roasting brings out the flavour of many fruits and it works particularly well with stone fruit. I roasted the plums in a little coconut oil and a drizzle of maple syrup. They were very tasty just on their own, but when layered with a mixture of cream, yoghurt and homemade lemon curd to form the roasted plum parfait, they were fabulous. I wanted to keep the flavours as light and fresh as possible, so I didn’t spice this up in anyway, but you could if you wanted to.
- 4 large plums
- 1 tbsp coconut oil
- 2 tbsp maple syrup
- 200ml double cream
- 200ml natural yoghurt
- 2 tbsp lemon curd (I used homemade)
- Heat the oven to 200C. Place the coconut oil into a small roasting dish and warm in the oven.
- Cut the plums in half and take out the stone.
- Place them in the dish, cut side down and drizzle the maple syrup over the top.
- Roast for a good 20 minutes, turning the plums half way. They should be completely soft and slightly caramelised when finished.
- Whip the cream until it's just holding it's shape. Gently stir in the yoghurt and lemon curd. The mixture will thicken, so go lightly.
- Take four small glasses and spoon an eighth of the plum compote into the bottoms, followed by an eighth of the cream mixture. Repeat the layers, reserving a piece of plum for the top.
- Serves two to four depending on just how hungry you're feeling.
Other dessert recipes using plums you might like
- Cinnamon spiced pancakes with cinnamon poached plums via Farmersgirl Kitchen
- Grain free ginger and vanilla plum crumble via Gluten Free, SCD and Veggie
- Plum and almond tart via Wallflower Kitchen
- Plum amaretti and white chocolate ripple via Tin and Thyme
- Plum and amaretto crumble via Foodie Quine
- Plum cake via The Spicy Pear
- Plum crumble waffles via The Veg Space
- Plum and polenta upside down cake via The Veg Space
- Plum and star anise sorbet via A2K – A Seasonal Veg Table
- Plum and walnut pizza via Tin and Thyme
- Slow cooker plum and almond cake via Baking Queen
- Victoria plum cake via Tin and Thyme