The meal that was cancelled due to the ice and snow just before Christmas was reorganised for early February. Luckily, the weather was mild, if a little damp and we finally had our meet up with friends. As some of these friends are virtually vegans, I thought I’d try something a little different. Out came Paul A Young’s Adventures with Chocolate and I set to.
- Simmered 80ml of water with 1 tbsp of honey (Vegans can use the equivalent amount of sugar or agave syrup or date syrup etc).
- Stirred in 2 tbsp of tahini until smooth and simmered for a couple of minutes.
- Poured over 125g of chopped 81% dark chocolate (Ecuadorian Arriba) and left to melt.
- Stirred carefully with a metal whisk to avoid splitting.
- Left to cool then placed in the fridge for an hour.
- Toasted 50g sesame seeds in a frying pan and left to cool.
- Dipped a tsp in hot water and scooped out spoonfuls of ganache, rolling them in the sesame seeds and dipping the spoon back into the hot water each time to avoid the ganache sticking to the spoon.