Chocolate Peanut Butter Ice Cream Sundae – My Valentine’s Fun Day
Well, today is Valentines’s Day and to really show the love, you’ve got to have something chocolatey and decidedly decadent. More importantly today marks the 9th anniversary of this blog. As some of you will know, it started life as Chocolate Log Blog and was a means for me to explore one of my great loves – the world of chocolate. This chocolate peanut butter ice cream sundae seems like a fitting celebration.
Chocolate Peanut Butter Ice Cream Sundae
If, like me, you’re a peanut butter and chocolate lover then this chocolate peanut butter ice cream sundae is for you too. There’s something very appealing about salt and sweet. You get so many levels of flavour as you spoon into the glass and then into your mouth. The vanilla ice cream sets it all off very nicely.
To start things off, I made some peanut butter blondies with salted dark chocolate chips. As I’m sure you can imagine, they were super scrummy all on their own. I’ll be blogging the recipe at some point in the future. These blondies formed the base of my chocolate peanut butter ice cream sundae. I piled some vanilla ice cream on top. It wasn’t homemade this time, but it was organic. Over this already lush combination, I poured some dark chocolate sauce and then drizzled sweet peanut butter sauce over that. A valentine’s sundae fun day.
Of course you don’t need to keep such a scrumptious offering as this chocolate peanut butter ice cream sundae just for Valentine’s Day. It would be perfect for any special occasion and can be enjoyed all year round. It should come with a serious sugar and fat overload health warning, but sometimes it’s good not to think about it. My philosophy is, as long as it’s occasional, it’s good to indulge from time to time.
You can see we polished our chocolate peanut butter ice cream sundae off with relish. In fact, we might just have had one or two more – not on the same day though. Honest!
So here’s to another nine years of blogging and I hope you enjoy this delicious chocolate peanut butter ice cream sundae as much as we did.
Chocolate Peanut Butter Recipes
If you’re keen to make this sundae straight away and don’t want to wait for my peanut butter blondie recipe, here are a few other recipes you could use as the base.
- Chocolate peanut butter crispies
- Peanut butter brownies
- Peanut butter chocolate chip cookies
- Peanut butter chocolate cookies
Chocolate Peanut Butter Ice Cream Sundae – The Recipe
A decadent but desirable dessert for two, which is also quick and easy (assuming you've already made the blondies / brownies. Of course you could double, triple or quadruple the recipe to enjoy with family and friends.
- 2 peanut butter blondies or brownies
- 4 scoops vanilla ice cream
- 4 chocolate sugar curls - optional
- 25 ml water
- 1 tsp dark muscovado sugar
- 50 g salted dark chocolate I used Divine's 70% with pink Himalayan rock salt
- 50 ml double cream
- 50 ml water
- 1 rounded tsp of light muscovado sugar
- 1 tbsp smooth salted peanut butter
- Cube the blondies and place in a sundae dish or glass.
- Pile in 2 scoops of ice cream.
- Pour some hot chocolate sauce over the top and watch it freeze.
- Drizzle over a little of the peanut butter sauce.
Add a couple of sugar curls, if you like, and tuck in.
- Place the water and sugar into a small pan and bring to a simmer to melt the sugar.
- Turn the heat off and add the chocolate. Stir until melted.
- Stir in the cream and gently reheat if necessary.
Whilst the chocolate is melting, place all ingredients into a small pan and slowly bring to the boil, whisking as you go. It will look terribly gloopy to begin with, but will come together if you keep stirring. Add a little more water if the mixture is too thick.
If you can't get hold of salted chocolate, just add a small pinch of sea or rock salt to the water and sugar.
This chocolate peanut butter ice cream sundae is my entry to this month’s #WeShouldCocoa. If you’ve blogged any recipes this month where chocolate features as a main ingredient, please do join in.
I’m also linking these valentine’s treats up to #CookBlogShare over at Hijacked by Twins.
Other ice cream sundae recipes you might like
- Affogato – via Beach Hut Cook
- Apple pecan crunch sundae via Casa Costello
- Chocolate sundae royale – via Tin and Thyme
- Coffee jelly ice cream sundae (vegan & gf) via Rhian’s Recipes
- Knickerbocker glory via Kavey Eats
- Rhubarb & strawberry ice cream sundae via Family Friends Food
- Salted caramel peach sundae via Farmersgirl Kitchen
- Triple chocolate brownie chunk ice cream sundae (vegan) via Strength and Sunshine
Chocolate Peanut Butter Ice Cream Sundae. PIN IT.