White Chocolate & Banana Loaf
Friends for tea and a pile of bananas that needed using up, so time to try this one from Green & Black’s.
- Melted 4oz unsalted butter with 100g bar white chocolate.
- Mashed up 3 medium bananas with 5oz unrefined granulated sugar.
- Sieved 6oz wholemeal spelt, 2 tsp baking powder, 1/2 tsp bicarbonate of soda and 1/4 tsp Himalayan salt into a bowl and made a well in the middle.
- Poured in chocolate mixture and stirred in, followed by 2 duck eggs.
- Mixed in 2oz roughly chopped walnuts, 1/2 tsp vanilla extract and 1 tsp grated orange rind.
- Spooned this into a 2lb loaf tin and baked at 180°C (gas 4) for 50 mins.
- Left in tin to cool before turning out onto a serving plate.