We Should Cocoa – the October Challenge

We Should Cocoa | 1st October 2010 | By

Thank you to all who participated in last month’s Raspberry Challenge, and if anyone hasn’t had a peek please do so.  Chele and I were delighted that there were so many of you – 19 as a first off hugely exceeded our expectations. And such lovely creations they were too – I want to try each and every one of them.

My friends all seem incredulous that I’m continuing with my blog; they think I must have already made everything it’s possible to make with chocolate.  The nineteen different variations on a theme from last month just shows how wrong they are. My list just grows ever longer and I’ve forgotten far more than I’ve listed.

So, here’s hoping that you will participate in this month’s challenge.  The special ingredient for October is another seasonal one – Hazelnuts or Cobnuts.  They are falling off the trees everywhere around here at the moment, although the squirrels seem to be getting to them faster than I can.

If you’d like to participate, check out the rules here.  Please note there is one slight change on submitting photos.

1. Dom at Belleau Kitchen

1st October 2010 at 9:17 am

right… i’m doing it this month! I LOVE hazelnuts!… now where’s my chocolate and hazelnut cookbook?

2. Suelle

1st October 2010 at 12:07 pm

Count me in again – one of my favourite combinations!

I hope I can cope with the photo size restriction – I’m not very good on the technical side of things!

3. Nora

1st October 2010 at 12:10 pm

First chocolate and raspberries, and now chocolate and hazelnuts – it’s like you’re designing these challenges just for me! 😀

4. Greedyrosie

1st October 2010 at 3:38 pm

Um, I meant me, not Gre :-/

1st October 2010 at 4:34 pm

Mmmmmmmmm – can’t wait! Loving the idea of a pot of nutella and a spoon! Oh happy days ;0)

6. Gre

1st October 2010 at 3:37 pm

I’m no baker, but I think I will try this month. Although, the best use of chocolate and hazelneuts I can think of is a pot of nutella and a teaspoon..

7. zebbakes

1st October 2010 at 5:15 pm

I’m in 🙂

8. Tamanna

1st October 2010 at 6:13 pm

ooh yummm. i am excited as it is my first time on this event, i hope to come up with a great recipe! i love hazelnuts….one question:

can i use nutella hazelnut in my recipe or does it have to all made from scratch with its original ingredients?

1st October 2010 at 6:46 pm

Dom – good news, you’d better start looking.

Suelle – don’t worry if you can’t manage the resizing, but would be appreciated if you can figure it out.

Nora – we do our best.

Greedy Rosie – maybe scooping it out with a biscuit instead of a spoon?

Chele – nutty days hopefully.

Joanna – good to news.

Tamanna – good to have you on board. I’ve stipulated the ingredient, the interpretation is up to you. So yes, if you want to use nutella, go ahead.

10. C

2nd October 2010 at 4:44 pm

🙁 Oh well, I’ll just have to be creative with my choice of recipe and then poke my colleagues hard to get some meaningful feedback!!!

3rd October 2010 at 6:55 am

Sorry C, I did warn you, you weren’t going to like this one. We’ll try and stay off the nuts for a while after this. But sounds as though you might be participating anyway?

12. nic@nipitinthebud

3rd October 2010 at 1:07 pm

ooh,now there’s a challenge! My cobnuts are still sitting on the side uncracked. Off to flick through my recipe books now….

3rd October 2010 at 1:52 pm

Nic – oh goodie, glad to have your input. Just remembering that lovely pile of nuts you have.

14. Ocean Breezes and Country Sneezes

3rd October 2010 at 3:14 pm

Just found you via Dom at Belleau Kitchen! Your blog looks “delicious” and I think I’m going to enter your October challenge in honor of my niece who turned 20 today! Then I’ll send the cake off to college with her parents for her to enjoy! She and her older sister and mom are Chocoholics! If you’d like a “trip” across the pond, please visit me in New England and check out my fairly new blog, I love company and new Followers are so exciting! Thank you, I enjoyed my visit today!

3rd October 2010 at 8:51 pm

Ocean Breezes – thanks for your very kind comments. Really pleased you are up for participating in our chocolate challenge. You have a very lucky niece. Have been over to pay you a visit and will be doing so again – especially if you keep up with wonderful photos of squash.

16. C

3rd October 2010 at 9:28 pm

Choclette – don’t worry, I got the hint about nuts being the next one!!! I’m going to try and participate (time allowing as usual) anyway, and as I say, I’ll prod my work colleagues for comments! It just means I’ll have to think harder about what to make! (And I don’t expect you to arrange the challenge around individual dislikes/allergies!)

17. celia

3rd October 2010 at 11:30 pm

Chocolate and hazelnuts, what a wonderful combination! 🙂

18. sinfullyspicy

15th October 2010 at 6:22 pm

Hi Choclette,
    Can I send in archived posts fitting the theme hazelnut?
    Thanks in advance for the reply!
    -Tanvi

16th October 2010 at 7:06 am

Sinfullyspicy – we’re really looking for new contributions as it’s the fun of everyone coming up with something fresh at the same time which is the main purpose of the challenge. You still have 9 days left to create something though if you wish to take part.