23 Extra Special Chocolate Recipes for the Final #WeShouldCocoa Party

23 Extra Special Chocolate Recipes

Yes, you’ve read the title correctly. This is the last ever round-up of chocolate recipes that make up the monthly blogging event that is #WeShouldCocoa. Today is the eighth anniversary of this mouthwatering celebration of cooking with chocolate. Read on to discover the 23 extra special chocolate recipes vying for your vote in this final chocolate extravaganza.

We Should Cocoa

Thank you to everyone who’s participated over the years. Some of you who’ve linked up this time have been in from the very beginning – I’m looking at you Suelle from Mainly Baking and Phil from As Strong as Soup. There are also a couple of #WeShouldCocoa newbies who’ve discovered this particular linkie just as it closes. Chele from the Chocolate Teapot and I started this chocolate challenge in September 2010 when there were very few link-ups around. It’s been an absolute pleasure for me to have so many bloggers taking part and seeing their delightful chocolatey creations. I’ve always looked forward to the monthly round-up to see what’s been made that month. I’ll be sad to lose such a lovely community of bakers and chocolate lovers, but I’m sure I’ll see plenty of great chocolate recipes in the years to come.

#WeShouldCocoa Archive

Lots of you have guest-hosted in the past and I’d like to say an extra special thank you to you. We’ve had a lot of fun and some absolutely fantastic chocolate creations over the years. But don’t worry, the We Should Cocoa archive will stay live on Tin and Thyme so that you’ll be able to find chocolate inspiration whenever its needed. The first seventy #WeShouldCocoa events were themed and covered everything from chocolate with blackcurrants to layer cakes to fame to red hot chillies to Christmas to savoury chocolate recipes. The next twenty six were ‘Anything Goes’, so you’ll find all sorts in these posts.

WSC Pinterest Board

You can also find many of the recipes on the We Should Cocoa Pinterest board. I can’t remember when we started pinning; the early ones probably won’t be there, but you’ll find hundreds of beautiful photographs full of chocolatey goodness, ready and waiting to inspire.

To Hell with Rules

I’ve let the rules slip a bit this month. It’s a celebration after all. So a few entries have made their way in which would not normally have done so. My entry is not really allowed either as it’s one I’ve updated rather than a new one, but hey, I reckon after all this time I deserve a final bit of leeway.

I hope you enjoy these 23 extra special chocolate recipes as much as I’ve done.

23 Extra Special Chocolate Recipes

Easy Chocolate Fudge

easy chocolate fudge from Recipes Made Easy

Nutella Cheesecake

Nutella cheesecake from Apply to Face Blog

Beetroot Brownies - gluten-free

beetroot brownies (gluten-free) from The Gluten Free Alchemist

Free-From Brownies

easy gluten-free vegan fudge brownies (dairy-free, egg-free, nut-free) from The Peachicks Bakery

Chocolate Peanut Butter Crispies

Chocolate Orange Scottish Shortbread

chocolate orange Scottish shortbread from Farmersgirl Kitchen

Galaxy Chocolate Cupcakes

Galaxy chocolate cupcakes from The Baking Explorer

Pain au Chocolat

pain au chocolat from Apply to Face Blog

Malteser Shortbread Slice (no-bake)

no-bake Malteser shortbread slice from Baking Queen 74

Vegan Cocoa Bean Cake

vegan cocoa bean cake from Easy Peasy Lemon Squeezy

Double Chocolate Cream Cheese Muffins

double chocolate cream cheese muffins from Jo’s Kitchen Larder

Vegan Chocolate Baby Shower

vegan chocolate baby shower cake from Caroline Makes

23 Extra Special Chocolate Recipes. PIN IT.

23 Extra Special Chocolate Recipes #recipes #chocolate #WeShouldCocoa

1. angiesrecipes

2nd September 2018 at 6:45 am

Not a good idea to read this in the early morning….now I want CHOCOLATE for the breakfast!

2nd September 2018 at 3:06 pm

Nothing wrong with chocolate for breakfast Angie – as an occasional treat anyway 😀

2. Corina Blum

2nd September 2018 at 7:33 am

Such a great round up! WSC has definitely ended in style and with so many lovely recipes. I’d most love to try all the cookies and brownies!

2nd September 2018 at 3:07 pm

Yes, lots of delicious chocolatey goodies here. I want to try everything – I always do!

3. Foodycat (Alicia)

3rd September 2018 at 9:10 am

What a great round-up to see out 8 years! Congratulations!

3rd September 2018 at 11:10 am

Thanks Alicia. It’s hard to believe it’s been so long.

4. Tandy | Lavender and Lime

3rd September 2018 at 12:56 pm

So many new blogs for me to explore!

5. Jo Allison / Jo's Kitchen Larder

4th September 2018 at 8:14 pm

That’s what I call going out with a bang! 🙂 Fantastic last WSC! Thank you so much for hosting this brilliant linky, it will be missed!

5th September 2018 at 1:52 pm

Thanks Jo and thanks for being a part of it. The archive stays, so you can still look back whenever you get the urge for chocolate inspiration 😀

6. Lucy

6th September 2018 at 7:26 am

wow what an amazing selection of chocolate recipes for the last #WeShouldCocoa! They all look so tempting, and I think the Nutella brownies are calling my name. I’ve enjoyed taking part in your linky and it will be sad to see it go!

6th September 2018 at 7:24 pm

Thanks Lucy. It’s been lovely having you and your gorgeous bakes on board and I’m feeling a little bit sad too.

7. Phil in the Kitchen

6th September 2018 at 11:27 pm

Many thanks for hosting this fine, chocolatey event for all those years and I’m happy that I was there at the end as well as the beginning, even though it makes me feel even more like an old timer than usual.

7th September 2018 at 6:59 am

Forget the old timer nonsense and think of yourself as a pioneer instead Phil. You’ve been a fantastic contributor to WSC over the years. Thank you.

8. johanna @ green gourmet giraffe

8th September 2018 at 4:35 am

oh so sad to see that WSC is over but it has been so much fun and so much inspiration – thanks for all that driving us through the chocolately rivers and keeping our appetites for chocolate piqued – I will miss the event, the motivation, the drooling and the familiar faces but look forward to more chocolate on your blog! Hope you get a nice rest from the event and find some other interesting blog projects.

9. Nickki/Something Sweet Something Savoury

10th September 2018 at 9:23 pm

What a fabulous final round up of chocolate treats. I think you deserve a round of applause. 8 years is an amazing time to run a blog link up. I’m sad to see it go but I’m looking forward to reading your future blog posts. Thank you!

11th September 2018 at 7:25 am

Thanks Nickki, that’s kind of you. I’m sad to see it go too, but it does leave space for other things.

10. Candace

11th September 2018 at 4:41 pm

I think I’m in heaven! I am drooling here but off to take a look at some of these amazing looking recipes

12th September 2018 at 8:37 am

Yes, it was a good chocolatey finale for the last ever #WeShouldCocoa.