This amazing chocolate almond cake contains only five ingredients, yet it’s one of the best chocolate cakes I’ve ever eaten. It’s made with ground almonds rather than flour, so it’s naturally gluten-free. It’s rich, has a wonderful smooth texture and is utterly delicious.
Chocolate Almond Cake
Mother’s Day! Another opportunity to try out a new cake. A friend had posted a comment a few weeks ago giving a recipe for a flourless and what looked to be a rather rich and delicious cake which had come via way of her aunt. I have to say I was rather looking forward to giving this one a go.
Other Gluten-Free Cake Recipes You Might Like
- Almond squash cake
- Black Forest gâteau
- Breakfast bibingka
- Caramelised pear, honey & carob cake
- Chestnut chocolate log
- Chilli chestnut chocolate cake
- Chilli chocolate chip friands
- Chocadoodledoo cake
- Chocolate coconut cannelloni cake (vegan)
- Coconut chickpea chocolate cake (vegan)
- Coffee cardamom chocolate mousse cake
- Ginger coconut cake pops
- Hazelnut orange torte
- Peanut butter banana muffins (vegan)
- Polenta chocolate cake
- Nigella’s chocolate pistachio cake
- Raspberry chocolate polenta cake
- Raspberry rose friands
- Rhubarb & rose polenta cake
- Toffee almond brownies
- Triple chocolate almond brownies
- Walnut brownies
- Willies cloud forest chocolate cake
Thanks for visiting Tin and Thyme. If you make this sumptuous chocolate almond cake, I’d love to hear about it in the comments below or via social media. Do share photos on your preferred social media site and use the hashtag #tinandthyme, so I can spot them.
Chocolate Almond Cake. PIN IT.
Subscribe and Receive
Chocolate Almond Cake – The Recipe
Chocolate Almond Cake
- 200 g dark chocolate (70% to 85%).
- 200 g unsalted butter - softened
- 150 g light muscovado sugar
- 4 eggs - seperated
- 200 g ground almonds
- ¼ tsp fine sea or rock salt
- cocoa powder for dusting
- Melt the chocolate in a bowl set over a pan of hot, but not boiling, water.
- Whilst the chocolate is melting, cream the butter and sugar together until pale in colour.
- Mix in the egg yolks and ground almonds. Add the chocolate and stir.
- Whisk the egg whites with the salt until firm. Electric beaters are not essential, but they make the job easier. Fold into the cake mixture.
- Spoon into 23cm round silicone mould or lined tin and bake at 170℃ (325℉, Gas 3) for 40 minutes. Leave to cool, then turn out onto a serving plate and dust with cocoa powder.