9 Cool Chocolate Recipes and February’s We Should Cocoa

9 Cool Chocolate Recipes

We Should Cocoa | 1st February 2017 | By

It’s January and most of us are trying to make amends for December’s excesses. Luckily a few brave souls picked up the chocolate baton and created these 9 cool chocolate recipes to share with We Should Cocoa. Some of them are even quite healthy.

If you’d like to join in with next month’s We Should Cocoa. scroll down to the bottom of the post and you’ll find the February link-up.

9 Cool Chocolate Recipes

Chocolate Cherry Smoothie Bowl

Janice from Farmersgirl Kitchen kickstarts January with this lush but healthy chocolate cherry smoothie bowl.

Candy Cane Chocolate Brownies

Not quite so healthy, but very tempting, these Christmas candy cane chocolate brownies were a post Christmas catch-up bake from Caroline Makes.

Sweet Potato Chocolate Chip Chip Cookies

Corina from Searching for Spice gets us back on track with a healthier and very interesting bake – sweet potato and chocolate chip cookies

Chocolate Granola

Just look at this healthy chocolate, cherry, pear & pecan granola from Kate at Gluten Freel Alchemist. What a way to start the day.

Vegan Chocolate Cherry Cupcakes

Angela from Only Crumbs Remain shares these gorgeous vegan chocolate & cherry cupcakes for Veganuary.

Chocolate Banana Cashew Cake

My healthy vegan bake for Veganuary was this chocolate banana cashew cake. It’s one of the best chocolate cakes I’ve made.

Chocolate Haggis & Whisky

Whisky and haggis is a must for any true Scot on Burn’s Night. Claire from Foodie Quine thought she’d give the tradition a little twist with this chocolate haggis aka shortbread and whisky fridge cake.

Chocolate Biscotti

These chocolate biscotti from De ToutCoeur Limousin call for a steaming cup of coffee for dunking purposes.

Chocolate Orange Brownies

These chocolate orange brownies from Suelle at Mainly Baking are a good way to use up any Christmas chocolates that might still be lurking.

February’s We Should Cocoa Link-up

Tags:

1. Hannah Hossack-Lodge

1st February 2017 at 2:02 pm

These all sound fabulous! I certainly didn’t give up chocolate for January!

1st February 2017 at 2:05 pm

I’m very glad to hear it Hannah. Chocolate should never be given up – in my humble opinion 😉

2. Lucy Parissi

1st February 2017 at 7:41 pm

I gave up absolutely nothing in January other than exercise. The world is too stressful right now to live without chocolate

3rd February 2017 at 9:48 am

Well I’m glad to know chocolate didn’t disappear of your menu. I’m not too sure I approve of people giving up that particular substance 😉

3. Helen @ Fuss Free Flavours

1st February 2017 at 9:13 pm

Oh I like the sound of those sweet potato cookies – if it has veggies we can have more right?

3rd February 2017 at 9:47 am

But of course Helen. We’ve got to get our five a day in somehow 😉

4. Kate - gluten free alchemist

1st February 2017 at 9:44 pm

The day I am forced to give up chocolate will be the day they take me off in a straight jacket!.
    Lovely set of recipes….. particularly for January! The Haggis has caught my eye…. especially as it is not (thank goodness)…. haggis!

3rd February 2017 at 9:42 am

Oh no Kate, don’t even think it. A world without chocolate would be a very sad place indeed. And yes, that haggis is cool as are your granola pictures.

5. Corina

1st February 2017 at 9:52 pm

Lovely round up and I do love the look of that chocolate haggis!

3rd February 2017 at 9:40 am

That chocolate haggis is so cool Corina, but your sweet potato cookies sound well worth trying.

6. The Kitchenmaid

3rd February 2017 at 6:45 am

Lovely recipes – that cherry smoothie bowl is gorgeous and I’m pretty taken by the chocolate haggis too. What’s the theme for February? I might just re-enter the WSC world!

3rd February 2017 at 9:23 am

Hi Lucy. Lovely to hear from you. I had to give up on themes a few months ago as I wasn’t getting enough entries, so it’s just anything now that features chocolate as a main ingredient.

7. Johanna @ Green Gourmet Giraffe

3rd February 2017 at 11:12 am

Lovely round up – I have done some chocolate baking in January but it will take me until February to share any but I hope to have something this month.

3rd February 2017 at 2:15 pm

Yes, getting the recipe to blog is often an issue I find. I’ve just been going back through some of my photos trying to delete a few and have come across loads of recipes I’ve made that I haven’t blogged about!

8. Angela / Only Crumbs Remain

3rd February 2017 at 11:20 am

I’m so glad I’m not the only one who can’t go without chocolate, even in January when we’re meant to have put it asidey! Perhaps for a day, at the most! Great round up, I love the fun twist on the blackpudding, it looks so ‘real’ too – thankfully it isn’t!
    Angela x

3rd February 2017 at 2:16 pm

Hehe, I might have managed the odd day, but even that takes some doing. And no, this isn’t really the blog for black pudding 😉

3rd February 2017 at 4:37 pm

Given that January is the ‘healthy’ month, I think you’ve done pretty well. Some lovely recipes to enjoy.

4th February 2017 at 5:04 pm

Yes, very true and some of the entries were really quite healthy – well done you 🙂

10. Nico @ yumsome

3rd February 2017 at 7:26 pm

That chocolate haggis…. be still, my beating heart!

And your cake looks amazeballs too, Choclette!

4th February 2017 at 5:03 pm

Aw thanks Nico, it was a fab cake. I’m very taken with the haggis too.

11. Laura

4th February 2017 at 8:11 am

Morning may have been a bad time to discover all these gorgeous recipes! I certainly didn’t ban chocolate for January – and currently going without until lunch sounds like a challenge

4th February 2017 at 5:02 pm

Haha, this made me smile Laura. I can usually manage to make it until lunch, but then …

12. Alida @My Little Italian Kitchen

6th February 2017 at 12:31 pm

A delicious round up! I particularly love those chocolate biscotti!

6th February 2017 at 7:18 pm

Ah well, I guess you know a thing or two about biscotti 🙂

13. Eb Gargano / easypeasyfoodie.com

8th February 2017 at 12:25 pm

Yey – I finally have something to submit to We Should Cocoa – I must admit chocolate doesn’t feature very much on Easy Peasy Foodie – clearly something I need to rectify!! Eb x

8th February 2017 at 4:40 pm

Oh but look what you produce when you do set your mind to it Eb. Wonderful stuff 😀

14. Shaheen

9th February 2017 at 6:18 pm

Ah liking Foodie Quines chocolate twist on haggis – liking how she thinks. I always forget to join in with WSC but truth is chocolate does not feature in my cooking much. This month though is has TWICE – I will have something to share soon.

14th February 2017 at 7:52 pm

Great news Shaheen. I look forward to seeming what you send in 🙂 Foodie Quine’s haggis is just fab.

15. Sarah James @ Tales From The Kitchen Shed

22nd February 2017 at 12:32 pm

Loving the healthy chocolate granola Choclette, although I’ve gone with an unhealthy Malteser Mug cake to enter this month 🙂

23rd February 2017 at 3:27 pm

A bit of unhealthy is to be welcomed Sarah and Maltesers are always a pleasure 🙂