13 Chocolate Recipes for Snowy Days & March’s #WeShouldCocoa Link-up

13 Chocolate Recipes for Snowy Days

We Should Cocoa | 1st March 2018 | By

There’s something rather exciting about the first of the month. You never quite know what the next 30 days will bring. Today, on 1 March, St David’s Day, it has brought snow, lots of it. Quite unusual in this part of the country. It also brings a treasure trove of 13 chocolate recipes and gorgeous photos to get us all in the mood for some serious chocolate action. If you’re snowed in like we are, here’s the perfect antidote to cabin fever.

If you’d like to join in with next month’s #WeShouldCocoa, scroll down to the bottom of the post and you’ll find the March link-up. If you haven’t joined in before or need a reminder, you can find the guidelines on the We Should Cocoa page.

13 Chocolate Recipes for Snowy Days

Chocolate Whiskey Cake

How about this gluten free dark chocolate whiskey cake from How to Cook Good Food to kick things off? It has a truffle like centre, is made with ground almonds and sounds absolutely sumptuous.

Beetroot Coconut Brownies

Just look at the rich colour in these beetroot coconut brownies from Everyday Healthy Recipes. Beetroot is not the only healthy ingredient however. Head on over to find what else they contain.

Brown Butter Nutella Chocolate Chip Blondies

Brownies are always popular. Here we have these rather wonderful sounding browned butter nutella chocolate chip blondies from Something Sweet Something Savoury.

Valentine Rocky Road

If brownies and tiffin are on offer I’m never sure which one to try. I find them both irresistible. Here’s a special one to show the love from Foodie QuineValentine Rocky Road.

Eggless Tiramisu

I know someone in this household who would love me to make this perfect eggless tiramisu from Jo’s Kitchen Larder. I won’t give away the secret, but this version does sound rather lush.

Raspberry Chocolates

We have homemade raspberry cream white chocolates from Only Crumbs Remain. Not only do they sound delicious, but they look so professional too.

Chocolate Peanut Butter Ice Cream Sundae

Perhaps not the thing for really cold weather, but the chocolate peanut butter ice cream sundae I made to celebrate my blog’s 9th birthday can be eaten with relish at pretty much any time of the year.

Vegan Chocolate Hazelnut Cupcakes

One day I’m going to master the art of piping, then I too can make something as pretty as these vegan chocolate hazelnut cupcakes from Curly’s Kitchen.

Fruit & Nut Truffle Bites

These fruit and nut chocolate truffles look so good, but when I found out the ingredients I was positively drooling. I’ll let you find out what’s in them over at Gluterama.

Date & Chocolate Cookies

I have a thing for dates and really can’t resist them. Hmm, there seems to be quite a few things I find irresistible. Well these date and chocolate cookies from Apply to Face Blog are going straight onto my “must make very soon” list.

Creme Egg Brownies

And with Easter very much in mind this month, here’s gorgeous recipe for crème egg brownies from Elizabeth’s Kitchen Diary. They are the best apparently and gluten-free too.

Slow Cooker Creme Egg Shortbread

And for another crème egg special, why not try this slow cooker crème egg shortbread from Baking Queen 74? Yes, you read correctly. Lucy is up to her slow cooker magic again.

Vegan Chocolate Orange Cheesecake

And to finish off our final 13 chocolate recipes, we have classic flavours and an indulgent vegan treat – vegan chocolate orange cheesecake from The Baking Explorer. Kat even made her own chocolate orange segments.

13 Chocolate Recipes. PIN IT.

13 Chocolate Recipes for #WeShouldCocoa

Tags:

1. Corina Blum

1st March 2018 at 8:46 pm

What a great selection of recipes! Baking is a great activity to do on snowy days. Me and Master Spice were at home today and so made some chocolate covered doughnuts. I love the look of Jenny’s chocolate covered biscuits this month!

2nd March 2018 at 11:08 am

Ooh they do sound good Corina. Baked or fried? Jenny’s biscuits have my name written all over them.

2. Angie@Angie's Recipes

2nd March 2018 at 5:35 am

It’s freezing cold over here too. Very unusual, esp. when it’s already SPRING!
    These chocolate treats look marvelous!

2nd March 2018 at 11:09 am

Yes, I think 1 March was our coldest day – not right at all!

3. Monika Dabrowski

2nd March 2018 at 9:28 am

Thank you for hosting this delicious link party, all the entries look so appealing! I did include a link to your blog, but I mentioned several other links as well, which is probably why you missed it (I answered your comment on my blog before checking if the link was there). If you would like me to include your badge I am happy to do so with the next recipe except I can’t find the code.

2nd March 2018 at 11:12 am

Hi Monika. Thanks for letting me know and sorry to put you to the trouble. Badge is nice, but by no means obligatory.

4. Kat (The Baking Explorer)

2nd March 2018 at 11:08 am

Chocolate heaven! I’m going to have so many chocolate recipes for this month!

2nd March 2018 at 2:44 pm

Hahaha, I’m looking forward to seeing them all Kat 😀

5. johanna @ green gourmet giraffe

2nd March 2018 at 12:44 pm

wow I think this all sounds wonderful – needed chocolate tonight so we had chocolate pizza but I feel I could get a little more creative when I see these wonderful creations

2nd March 2018 at 2:40 pm

Johanna, everyone’s been raving about your tree house cake. You’re the most creative out of the lot of us.

6. Jo Allison / Jo's Kitchen Larder

2nd March 2018 at 1:44 pm

Your linky always makes me feel like putting my fat pants on and just going for it lol There are so many delicious treats on offer I couldn’t possibly choose which one to make first! 🙂

2nd March 2018 at 2:41 pm

Hahaha Jo, you’ve made me laugh out load. I have a rather horrid feeling I might have my fat pants on far too often.

7. Angela / Only Crumbs Remain

4th March 2018 at 9:57 am

Ooh my goodness, so many tempting chocolate treats – I’ll definitely be joining you & Jo with wearing my fat pants lol,
    Anegla x

4th March 2018 at 10:28 am

Hehe Angela. The more the merrier I say 🙂

8. Cat | Curly's Cooking

12th March 2018 at 9:09 pm

Seeing all of these yummy recipes this month is a little bit like torture because I’ve given it up for lent. I think I’m going to need to make all of them to eat when I can!

13th March 2018 at 4:21 pm

Oh well done you Cat. That’s quite a feat. Easter’s not so very far away now, so hang on in there.

9. Kate - Gluten Free Alchemist

24th March 2018 at 9:58 pm

Where to start? They are all so tempting! But I think I will have to head straight for those Date & Chocolate Cookies…. there’s just something about freshly dipped chocolate ….. x

26th March 2018 at 5:11 pm

Those cookies are a real winner. They are on my “I really mustn’t forget this recipe” list.

10. Jessica Cantoni

27th March 2018 at 3:47 pm

What an amazing selection of chocolatey goodness!! x

28th March 2018 at 8:44 am

It’s quite astonishing how many different recipes there are using chocolate. After all these years of hosting #WeShouldCocoa, I’ve rarely come across the same recipe twice.