Mint Chocolates

Chocolates | 3rd January 2010 | By

What to take along to a chilli & DVD extravaganza at a friend’s house last night – hmmmm. Some cooling After Chilli Mints came to mind, that along with some of my redcurrant vodka. I don’t have a terribly sophisticated palate when it comes to chocolate, plain dark chocolate doesn’t always quite do it for me. But I do like a really dark milk chocolate. So I thought I’d experiment with combining a dark and a milk to make these chocolates.

This is what I did:
  • Melted 100g 70% dark chocolate with 100g 35% milk chocolate.
  • Stirred until smooth, then allowed to cool slightly.
  • Added 1 drop of peppermint essential oil & stirred to combine.
  • Spooned mixture into moulds & left to harden.
Not really much more to add rather than: yum!
Tags:

1. Lucie

3rd January 2010 at 7:06 pm

How delicious, they sound lovely. Hope you have had a good Christmas and New Year. Love Lucie x

2. nipitinthebud

3rd January 2010 at 7:43 pm

the simple recipes are the best :o)
    happy new year x

3. SWEET SOUL CREATION

4th January 2010 at 5:10 am

Someone gave me an award because my blog brighten their day. Now I’m doing the same for you. Please go to my blog to recieve the award!!!

4. SWEET SOUL CREATION

4th January 2010 at 5:11 am

Btw I love these chocolates and I will be making them

5. The Caked Crusader

4th January 2010 at 8:34 am

I love minty chocolate – it tastes less sinful somehow!
    Happy new year to you too!

5th January 2010 at 12:27 pm

Thank you all for your good wishes and hope you all have a good new year too.

Lucie, we had a nice relaxing time over xmas and new year, which was just what we needed. Hope yours was good to.

Thank you Sweet Soul Creation for your blog award.

7. mangocheeks

6th January 2010 at 5:23 pm

I love the simplicity of this.

Congratulations on your Award!

8. realfoodlover

8th January 2010 at 8:08 am

The bit that stumps me are the moulds? Any more info? Thanks, from Only-dark-chocolate-will-do x

9. Foodycat

9th January 2010 at 6:16 pm

Really good idea on mixing the milk and dark – I love the Green & Black milk chocolate because it is that bit darker. And these are so cute!

10th January 2010 at 6:06 pm

Hi Elisabeth

The chocolate moulds were actually butter moulds that were given to me many years ago. I never used them for butter, but do fish them out from time to time for chocolate. I guess it wouldn’t be hard to find chocolate moulds on the internet though.

Foodycat – I really like G&B milk chocolate too and used it in this recipe. My worry is what will I do if Cadbury’s gets taken over by Kraft!

11. Judith Luscombe

9th August 2013 at 8:43 am

These would make a wonderful Xmas pressie for someone