Chocolate Mincemeat Flapjacks – Easier To Make Than Mince Pies
Chocolate Mincemeat Flapjacks
Chocolate Mincemeat Flapjacks – The Recipe
Festive flapjacks made with honey, apple and mincemeat. They make a good alternative to mince pies and are excellent served warm from the oven with custard.
- 150 g unsalted butter
- 2 tbsp runny honey
- 100 g demerara sugar
- 300 g rolled oats
- 8 heaped tbsp mincemeat
- 1 cooking apple – peeled, cored and finely chopped
- Melt butter in a pan over gentle heat with the honey.
- Place sugar and oats into a mixing bowl and stir.
- Stir in the butter mixture, mincemeat and apple until well combined.
- Press mixture into a 9″ sq. cake mould and sprinkle with a little demerara sugar.
- Bake at 180℃ for 25 minutes when the top should be golden and firm to the touch.
- Leave to cool, then cut into 16 pieces.
Other mincemeat recipes you might like
- Chilli & chocolate mincemeat
- Chocolate chilli berry mincemeat
- Chocolate mincemeat
- Lemon & ginger mincemeat
Keep in Touch
Thanks for visiting Tin and Thyme. If you make these chocolate mincemeat flapjacks, I’d love to hear about it in the comments below or via social media. Do share photos on social media too and use the hashtag #tinandthyme, so I can spot them. For more delicious and nutritious recipes, follow me on Twitter, Facebook, Instagram or Pinterest.