Molten Lava Puds
A friend has asked me to put this recipe on the blog. It came to me a couple of years or so ago via one of my aunts and is so brilliant that it has subsequently become one of my old faithfuls. As well as being particularly moreish, it’s easy to make and great for dinner parties as most of the work can be done well in advance. It’s rich and chocolaty on the outside and wonderfully chocolaty and molten in the middle.
- Melt 170g good quality dark chocolate with 170g butter
- Whisk together 3 eggs, 160g sugar, 1 tsp vanilla essence and 1/2 tsp salt.
- Add 40g sifted flour, stirring until mixed.
- Stir in chocolate mixture again until thoroughly mixed.
- Cover the batter and leave overnight in the fridge (or at least 2 hours)
- Scoop mixture into 6 greased ramekins
- Bake at 175°C (gas 4) for about 15 mins or until the puds have risen but still soft to the touch.
- Extra yummy if served with raspberries and cream.