Mushroom & Chocolate Risotto
Welcome to my 101st post (just noticed). Not quite the Cloud Forest Cake which I said was going to be the first thing I made from Willie’s Chocolate Factory Cookbook, but a vegetarian dinner recipe instead.
- Soaked 50g mixed dried mushrooms in 600 ml hot water in a pan for 1/2 an hour, then brought up to a near simmer.
- Added 1 tbsp of tamari and a few drops of hot chilli sauce.
- Fried 1/2 a finely chopped onion and 2 cloves of chopped garlic in some olive oil on a low heat until translucent.
- Added 15g butter and 125g arborio rice, stirred and left this for a few minutes for the rice to absorb some of the butter.
- Poured some of the mushrooms and stock into the rice and stirred until liquid absorbed. Continued to do this until the stock was finished. Covered with a lid, turned the heat off and left for a few minutes to ensure liquid was fully absorbed and rice properly cooked.
- Stirred in a scant tbsp of Willie’s grated cacao, ground black pepper and a handful each of chopped parsley and rocket.
- Served in bowls with shavings of Ilha Graciosa (an unpasteurised cow’s milk cheese from Portugal).