Yesterday afternoon we were going to friends for tea so I was presented with another opportunity to make something chocolatey. I was rather inspired by the white chocolate cupcakes at Chocolate Teapot and thought I would make these. However, I was also inspired by the chestnut and chocolate combination over at Mainly Baking and I remembered I had some leftover chestnut puree that needed using up – the white chocolate cupcakes would have to wait for another day.
- Creamed 4oz Rapadura (or use ordinary sugar) with 4oz unsalted butter.
- Stirred in 2 heaped tbsp chestnut puree.
- Beat in 2 eggs.
- Sieved in 5oz flour (1/2 wholemeal, 1/2 white spelt), 1 tsp baking powder and 1 tbsp cocoa.
- Mixed in 2 tbsp yogurt.
- Spooned mixture into 12 cupcake cases and baked at 180C (gas 4) for 17 mins.
- Melted 100g bar 35% milk chocolate with 2 tbsp chestnut puree and 2 tbsp double cream.
- Stirred until smooth, then spooned on top of the cooled cupcakes.
- Scattered some toasted almond flakes over the top.