This recipe from Suelle was another one I knew I was going to make as soon as I saw it on Mainly Baking. These biscuits looked so attractive with the lovely green pistachios and brown nibs, I thought they would make good Christmas gifts.
This is what I did:
- Creamed 110g unsalted butter with 50g caster sugar until light and fluffy
- Sifted in 125g unbleached white flour (unusual for me, but I wanted them to look pale and interesting – didn’t quite work), 50g semolina and a pinch of rock salt.
- Mixed roughly together, then added 25g pistachios – roughly chopped and 20g cocoa nibs.
- Kneaded this very briefly until all incorporated.
- Rolled out to about 3mm and cut into 14 rounds – not very easy as mixture was fragile and kept breaking.
- Baked at 150C for 25 minutes.
Well, mine didn’t look nearly as good as Suelle’s but I’m so glad I made them as these shortbreads were delicious and went down particularly well with the recipients. They were very short, crisp and crumbly and oh so yummy. I wish I’d made a whole batch just for us. Thank you Suelle for a truly wonderful recipe.