Going Bananas – The November We Should Cocoa Challenge
We Should Cocoa is well into its 6th year now and in all that time, we’ve never had bananas as the chosen ingredient to go with chocolate. That’s just bananas!
Thanks go to Tracy over at It’s Not Easy Being Greedy for ably hosting last month’s USA themed #WeShouldCocoa. Do head over there to take a look at all the delicious American inspired recipes you’ll find.
When it comes to banana and chocolate, the two ingredients complement each other well; the sweet aromatic flavour from the banana is offset by an almost umami note from the chocolate. So, mash those bananas and conch that chocolate! Only joking, you do whatever you see fit.
Anything goes as long as chocolate and bananas feature as main ingredients. Entries are via the linky below and need to be in by midnight GMT on 25th November. I will then post a full round-up before the end of the month. If you’re not sure what to do, check out the We Should Cocoa page.
To get you in the mood here are a few banana and chocolate combinations you might like
- Bailey’s choconana pie via Tin and Thyme
- Banana cacao cashew coconut smoothie via Planet Veggie
- Banana Nutella cake via Baking Queen
- Chocolate banana muffins via Foodie Quine
- Chocolate banana nut cake via Farmersgirl Kitchen
- Healthier s’mores smoothie via Fuss Free Flavours
- No bake chocolate tart with banana and lime zest confit via Franglais Kitchen
- Raw chocolate banana mousse via Tin and Thyme
- Raw chocolate fudge squares via Rough Measures
- Spelt banoffee flapjacks with dark chocolate via Fab Food4 All
- Upside-down white chocolate banoffee shortcake via Tin and Thyme
- Vegan banana mocha pick-me-up shake – Family Friends Food