13 Chocolate Easter Recipes & April’s #WeShouldCocoa

13 Chocolate Easter Recipes

It may be pouring with rain here in the south, but spring is definitely in the air. Birds are nesting, daffodils, primroses and magnolias are flourishing and Easter eggs are very much in evidence. These 13 chocolate Easter recipes are all about celebrating spring and chocolate in all its glory. Happy Easter one and all.

If you’d like to join in with next month’s #WeShouldCocoa, scroll down to the bottom of the post and you’ll find the April link-up. If you haven’t joined in before or need a reminder, you can find the guidelines on the We Should Cocoa page.

13 Chocolate Easter Recipes

Golden Egg Millionaire's Shortbread

Who doesn’t adore millionaire’s shortbread? This Galaxy golden egg millionaire’s shortbread from The Baking Explorer is a particularly luxurious version and looks even more special topped with golden eggs.

Double Chocolate Orange Cupcakes

Dried orange slices look so stylish and they are put to good effect over at Only Crumbs Remain, decorating these elegant double chocolate orange cupcakes.

Vegan Chocolate Banana Mousse

Chocolate mousse is a firm favourite with pretty much everyone I know. This chocolate banana mousse from Everyday Healthy Recipes not only looks scrumptious, but it’s vegan too, so everyone can enjoy it.

The Best Tiffin Ever - Sour Cherry & Almond

This sour cherry and almond chocolate tiffin is not just for Easter. My contribution to this month’s 13 chocolate Easter recipes is a true force to be reckoned with and makes the perfect easy no-bake for any celebratory occasion.

White Chocolate & Mini Egg Blondies

You can’t have Easter without some mini eggs and here is the first recipe in which they appear. Irresistible white chocolate & mini eggs blondies from Jo’s Kitchen Larder.

Mini Egg Rice Crispy Squares

I am super impressed by our second mini eggs recipe from Curly’s Cooking. Cat gave up chocolate for Lent, but still resisted temptation by making mini egg rice crispy squares. I know I would not have been so virtuous.

Easter Bunny Bums

Foodie Quine has a thing for Tunnock’s Teacakes. She transforms them into all sorts of fun creations. This Easter she gives us Tunnock’s Teacake Easter Bunny Bums. Aren’t they cute?

Caramel Egg Brownies

Cadbury caramel egg brownies. Two of my favourite things wrapped up in this wonderful fudgy bake from Something Sweet Something Savoury. Chocolate and caramel are a match made in heaven.

Mozartkugein

If you’re a marzipan fan like me, you’ll adore these Mozartkugein from Yumsome. Pistachio marzipan, almond marzipan and chocolate nougat encased in smooth chocolate. I can feel myself salivating as I type. And of course, they are vegan and refined sugar free.

Vegan Mint Chocolate Ice Cream Bites

And more luscious chocolates from the Gluten Free Alchemist, only these are frozen ones. The mint chocolate ice cream bites are not only vegan, but they sound delightful.

Chocolate Muesli Slice

If you have some delicious homemade muesli in your cupboard, which for some unfathomable reason has been there for longer than it should, then take a leaf out of Johanna’s book and make this chocolate muesli slice with quandong and strawberries. It sounds heavenly.

Snow Capped Meringue Brownie Bites

Crunchy meringues on top of gooey brownies sounds rather a good combination. Snow capped meringue brownie bites from A2K – A Seasonal Veg Table.

M&M's Cheesecake

And to finish off our 13 chocolate Easter recipes we have this rather splendid no-bake M&M’s cheesecake from Jess Eats & Travels.

13 Chocolate Easter Recipes. PIN IT.

13 Chocolate Easter Recipes

SaveSaveSaveSave

1. Jennifer Bliss

2nd April 2018 at 8:17 pm

What great ideas and recipes!

3rd April 2018 at 7:55 pm

Yes, I always look forward to the #WeShouldCocoa round-up 🙂

2. torviewtoronto

2nd April 2018 at 10:05 pm

the recipes looks fabulous

3rd April 2018 at 7:55 pm

Don’t they just? Doing the #WeShouldCocoa round-up always gives me chocolate cravings.

3. johanna @ green gourmet giraffe

2nd April 2018 at 10:55 pm

Oh dear – I haven’t had breakfast and now I am craving chocolate! These recipes all look so delicious and decadent. That pistachio marzipan looks delicious and beautiful. So many cute easter recipes and now I want to make tiffin too. I have a little easter treat that I hope to post soon so I am sure I will have chocolate coming your way this month!

3rd April 2018 at 7:53 pm

Excellent, look forward to it. I’ve been craving marzipan ever since I saw Nico’s post.

4. Monika Dabrowski

4th April 2018 at 10:15 am

Thanks for hosting this yummy linky! It actually inspires me to make another chocolate dessert! Shared everywhere:)

4th April 2018 at 10:21 am

Thanks Monika. I don’t think I ever really get chocolated out 😉

5. Jo Allison / Jo's Kitchen Larder

8th April 2018 at 9:50 pm

I am still very much in Easter mood most likely because of school holidays and kids’ leftover chocolate everywhere I look lol. I even got another Easter(ish) recipe that I’m linking up but in my defence it can be made into something less or completely unrelated very easily 😉 Fantastic round up!

9th April 2018 at 9:51 am

Oh no problem Jo. Easter is a wonderful time: the coming of spring as well as a good excuse to consume vast quantities of chocolate 😉

6. Angela / Only Crumbs Remain

17th April 2018 at 1:38 pm

I just love this time of year Choclette when everythings starts to come alive with the birds nesting and the plants beginning flower – nothing beats it for me – well chocolate comes a close second 😉 I’m loving the look of Nico’s marzipan truffles – such a gorgeous colour and I know they’d taste seriously AMAZING!
    Angela x

7. shaheen

22nd April 2018 at 8:05 pm

Thank you so much for hosting, I am joining in again – would you believe me if I told you that we have only just finished off chocolate given to us over Christmas – honest!

23rd April 2018 at 8:56 am

Hahaha, I’m very impressed Shaheen. Chocolate doesn’t last long in our house – unless it’s for cooking. I’m good at hoarding that.

8. Lucy

24th April 2018 at 8:42 pm

I’m very tempted by all of these! But the first I will try will have to be Monika’s chocolate banana mousse which looks delicious! Ive sent over a recipe to use up any leftover Easter eggs. We always have a load of that here as my kids lose interest very quickly!

25th April 2018 at 8:52 am

Kids lose interest in Easter eggs Lucy? What have you done to them?

9. Kate - Gluten Free Alchemist

14th May 2018 at 1:20 pm

Oh my! How far behind am I? Can’t believe that I missed this round-up?! It has such a wonderful selection for chocolatey inspiration….. I am smitten with Yumsome’s marzipans x