Raspberry Fudge Brownies for National Chocolate Week

Raspberry Fudge Brownies

This one pan brownie recipe is super quick and easy. It produces a tray of rich, flavoursome raspberry fudge brownies in no time. The brownie batter is made with dark raspberry chocolate, then studded with lush fresh raspberries and pieces of white chocolate. What’s not to love?

With my Divine chocolate stash for #NationalChocolateWeek, I couldn’t go without making something with at least one of the bars. An excuse, if any were needed, to indulge. We Should Cocoa is all about the USA this month so as Cornish autumn raspberries are still available and having a bar of Divine raspberry 70% dark chocolate to hand, it’s a no brainer – raspberry fudge brownies it is.

Raspberry Fudge Brownies

Brownies are an American classic that I was first introduced to over twenty years ago by an American baking friend. I’d never heard of them before and was delighted by their sweet chocolatey fudginess. I’m not sure I’ve ever managed to make any quite as good as hers, but I never give up trying. They are my go to bake when I’m in a hurry.

Raspberry Fudge Brownie

These are quick to make and slightly healthier than your average brownie as they’re made with wholemeal flour and less butter than most brownie recipes. It goes without saying, they’re also quite delicious, being both fudgy and fruity with bursts of caramelised white chocolate. The weekend starts here. Now where’s that clotted cream?

Raspberry Fudge Brownies – The Recipe

Raspberry Fudge Brownies
Print Pin
5 from 1 vote

Raspberry Fudge Brownies

A rich fudgy and flavoursome brownie made with both raspberry chocolate and fresh raspberries. It also uses wholemeal flour, has some surprise white chocolate chips and is very quick to make.
Prep Time10 mins
Cook Time20 mins
Total Time30 mins
Course: Afternoon Tea, Dessert
Cuisine: American
Keyword: brownies, dark chocolate, easy, quick, raspberries, white chocolate
Servings: 12 slices
Author: Choclette

• 60 g unsalted butter
  • 150 g light muscovado sugar
  • 100 g raspberry flavoured 70% dark chocolate (I used Divine)
  • 2 large free range eggs (I used duck eggs)
  • 60 g wholemeal flour
  • 50 g white chocolate chips
  • 100 g raspberries

• Melt the butter in a large pan over a gentle heat.
  • Break up the chocolate, turn off the heat and add to the pan. Stir until melted and combined.
  • Beat in the eggs, one by one.
  • Stir in the flour followed by the white chocolate.
  • Fold in 80g of the raspberries as gently as possible so as not to break them up too much.
  • Scrape the mixture into an 8" / 20cm sq silicone cake mould or lined tin.
  • Bake at 180C for about 20 minutes when the top should be set, but the mixture still has a slight wobble.
  • Leave to cool in the pan and then cut into 12 slices.

Notes

Getting the texture of a brownie just right is not always easy. Leave it too long and it can become cakey rather than fudgy, but take it out too soon and you can end up with goo. If this happens, place it in the fridge for a few hours and it should firm up. In my experience, it's always better to undercook than overcook.

Other recipes using Divine chocolate you might like

Linkies

We Should Cocoa LogoTracy over at It’s Not Easy Being Greedy has chosen the theme, USA, for this month’s chocolate extravaganza, aka We Should Cocoa. Brownies are one of America’s best known bakes over here in the UK and I have done my fair share of spreading that brownie love.

As the Cornish raspberries were bought at my local greengrocer’s, the properly free range duck eggs at our Friday Country Market and the flour from our local mill at Cotehele, I’m sending these raspberry fudge brownies off to Elizabeth’s Kitchen Diary for Shop Local.

Brownies are just perfect when you’re In a Hurry, which is the theme for this month’s Love Cake with Ness at JibberJabberUK.

Apart from sugar, eggs are pretty much the main ingredient in brownies, so these also go to Dashing Dom over at Belleau Kitchen for Simply Eggcellent.

I’m cheekily sending these raspberry fudge brownies off to the ever forgiving pair at Alpha BakesCaroline Makes and The More Than Occasional Baker. The letter is W for the Wholemeal Flour which is an integral part of this brownie recipe.

And lastly these brownies are winging their way to Bake of the Week with Helen at Casa Costello.

I’m also sharing this with Charlotte’s Lively Kitchen and the #FoodYearLinkup for #NationalChocolateWeek.

Keep in Touch

Thanks for visiting Tin and Thyme. If you make these raspberry fudge brownies, I’d love to hear about it in the comments below or via social media. Do share photos on your preferred social media site and use the hashtag #tinandthyme, so I can spot them. For more delicious and nutritious recipes, follow me on TwitterFacebook, Instagram or Pinterest.

Don’t forget to enter my Divine giveaway for a whopping 12 x 100g bars of chocolate.

Raspberry Fudge Brownies. PIN IT.

Raspberry Fudge Brownies - a one pan method that produces luscious fudgy brownies in double quick time. Made with raspberry chocolate and fresh raspberries, they're also studded with white chocolate pieces. #TinandThyme #FudgeBrownies #ChocolateBrownies #RaspberryBrownies #BrownieRecipe #brownies #raspberries

1. Ness

17th October 2015 at 12:35 pm

How absolutely Divine in all aspects! I must look out for the raspberry flavour of the chocolate. In my experience brownies don’t last long after they have been made!

17th October 2015 at 2:34 pm

True Ness, but if you can hang on, they usually taste better on day two I find 🙂

2. Kavey

17th October 2015 at 12:37 pm

I love Divine chocolate, both for their ethos / business model and the chocolate itself. These brownies look lovely!

17th October 2015 at 2:36 pm

Thanks Kavey, glad to hear you’re also a fan.

3. Elizabeth

17th October 2015 at 12:48 pm

What an absolutely heavenly sounding bake! Thank you for sharing with #ShopLocal 🙂

17th October 2015 at 2:37 pm

Thanks Elizabeth. Now if only the chocolate and sugar had been local too!

4. Sammie

17th October 2015 at 1:11 pm

Ooh these raspberry brownies look divine. I like that you used wholemeal flour and pin these so I can make them. Fab recipe. Sammie

17th October 2015 at 2:38 pm

Thanks Sammie. I always use wholemeal flour in my brownies. It’s a rather futile attempt to make them ever so slightly healthy 😉

5. Henk Kooiman

17th October 2015 at 3:31 pm

Yes, definitely a healthy recipe because of the wholemeal flour …. lol, lol
    You might as well have an extra slice then, I suppose ?

You are very lucky to be able to buy fresh, free range, local duck eggs !
    As well as local raspberries at this time of year.

17th October 2015 at 5:59 pm

Haha, my thoughts exactly! I think I just got lucky with the duck eggs and raspberries – no more of either now for some time to come 🙁

6. Angie@Angie's Recipes

17th October 2015 at 7:21 pm

I too love to add fruit in my brownies. These look heavenly, Choclette.

17th October 2015 at 7:27 pm

Thanks Angie. Raspberries go particularly well with dark chocolate I find. What sort of fruit have you added?

7. Simi Jois

17th October 2015 at 9:38 pm

Dark chococlate and raspberries is the best combo. I lovr the texture of the brownie.

18th October 2015 at 9:48 am

Thanks Simi. You’re right, raspberries work particularly well with chocolate 🙂

8. sue|theviewfromgreatisland

17th October 2015 at 10:38 pm

These look FABULOUS! I’ve never heard of raspberry flavored chocolate, I’ve got to get some 🙂

18th October 2015 at 9:49 am

Thanks Sue. Divine have been making raspberry chocolate for a while now. It’s very nice as it is, but it does work particularly well in baking I find 🙂

9. nazima

17th October 2015 at 10:39 pm

a lovely flavour combination! these brownies look scrumptious Choclette

18th October 2015 at 9:51 am

Thanks Nazima. I’m a bit sad to see the last of the raspberries, but I’ve now got plenty of time to figure out what to do with them next year 😉

10. Anna @ Sunny Side Ups

18th October 2015 at 12:30 am

These look absolutely beautiful and delicious!! Brownies are my favorite dessert of all time, and your addition of the raspberries makes them extra special! Pinned!

18th October 2015 at 9:52 am

Thanks Anna. As can be seen by the number of brownie recipes I have on my site, I am rather keen on them myself 😉

11. Lyndsay

18th October 2015 at 2:47 am

I love raspberries but have never tried raspberry chocolate before. I’m going to keep an eye out for it. I love the combination. Great recipe thanks for sharing

18th October 2015 at 9:53 am

Raspberries are a wonderful fruit indeed Lyndsay. Hope you manage to find the chocolate.

12. Kellie@foodtoglow

18th October 2015 at 11:07 am

I love how easy this is, and that you have sneaked in some wholemeal flour. Now to find some white chocolate chips!

20th October 2015 at 2:46 pm

I almost always sneak in something healthy somewhere Kellie – mostly so I can kid myself I have a healthy diet 😉

13. Dom

18th October 2015 at 11:37 am

well don’t these look adorable… I think we both have the same love of chocolate with tart fruits. I love your recipe too. I feel i’ve found the ultimate brownie recipe but I love the sound of yours with the wholemeal flour. A gorgeous link to Simply Eggcellent, thank you x

20th October 2015 at 2:43 pm

Every brownie recipe I make I reckon is the best ever – I think I just like brownies!

14. Tracy

18th October 2015 at 1:48 pm

Love, love, love brownies – and intrigued by the wholemeal flour – makes them sound healthier! I always use Nigella’s recipe but I am very tempted to give your version a try. They certainly fit the USA brief for #WeShouldCocoa – thanks so much for sharing. By the way, there’s something rather lovely about an undercooked brownie – or is it just me?!

20th October 2015 at 2:41 pm

No, no, it’s not just you Tracy, undercooked brownies are wonderful and SO much better than overcooked ones.

15. Henk Kooiman

18th October 2015 at 3:47 pm

National Chocolate Week, I only just read the title with more consciousness. I suppose this week is followed by National Diet Week ? And is this week a monthly affair ? It would be interesting to find out if something like a Chocolate Diet exists. That is both weeks combined in one, leaving room for, let’s say, National Whipped Cream Week …. Funny British people you are. Looking forward to my next visit :))

20th October 2015 at 2:40 pm

I couldn’t stop giggling when I read this Henk and although I like the idea of National Whipped Cream Week, I think National Clotted Cream Week would be better. As for the chocolate diet, I think I’ve been on that all my life 😉 In all seriousness National Chocolate Week is about raising the awareness of real and artisan chocolate rather than most of the rubbish we eat here.

16. Amanda {Striped Spatula}

18th October 2015 at 6:43 pm

These look great. I love baking with muscovado sugar and the addition of white chocolate chips and raspberries sound delicious.

20th October 2015 at 2:34 pm

Thanks Amanda. Muscovado is the king of sugars and works particularly well in a brownie.

17. Natasha Mairs

18th October 2015 at 10:15 pm

these look and sound amazing!! i have pinned them, so I can make them one day xx

20th October 2015 at 2:22 pm

I hope you do Natasha, they are very good 🙂

18. Charlie @ The Kitchen Shed

19th October 2015 at 8:25 pm

These look so beautiful and I LOVE the use of wholemeal flour! Definitely one to try!

20th October 2015 at 2:20 pm

Thank you Charlie 🙂 I always use wholemeal flour in brownies as you’re not looking for a nice rise, but want them dense and fudgy. It works really well.

19. Kate - gluten free alchemist

19th October 2015 at 11:04 pm

Wow Choclette! I could eat a whole batch of these….. I am a serious addict for raspberry and chocolate together….. A perfect use for that bar of raspberry chocolate (although I am not sure it would have made it any further than my mouth)!

20th October 2015 at 2:18 pm

Strangely you are not the first person to say that Kate 😉 I’m not sure I’d have managed it either if I didn’t have such a bounty of chocolate at my disposal.

20. Lisa

20th October 2015 at 1:38 am

Brownies. Love love brownies. Don’t mind a little raspberry either.
    Thanks for sharing.

20th October 2015 at 2:16 pm

Haha Lisa, it sounds like a case of ‘a little raspberry with my brownies’ rather than the other way around 😉

21. Ariel

20th October 2015 at 5:11 pm

These look fantastic!! I’m so glad you told me that you made these because I’m definitely bookmarking them and saving this recipe for later! 🙂 Thank you for sharing this recipe!

20th October 2015 at 6:30 pm

Ah, thank you for coming to have a look Ariel. I hope you like them 🙂

22. Ann@CreatedToCook

21st October 2015 at 12:09 am

These look simply DEVINE! Chocolate and raspberries are one of my all time favorite flavor combinations. Have you ever tried freezing your brownies? I actually cut my brownies in to bite size pieces, freeze them and eat them straight from the freezer. They don’t freeze solid. Instead the maintain their amazing Fudgy-ness and they become more chewy… But in a good chewy kind of way. And if I’m feeling really naughty, then I’ll mix those frozen brownie bites into a big bowl of ice cream topped with whipped cream and salted nuts.

21st October 2015 at 9:45 am

Oh my Ann, that sounds so naughty. I’ve never tried freezing brownies, but I will do now. Thanks for the tip 🙂

23. Manju | Cooking Curies

21st October 2015 at 7:16 am

oh wow! That looks delicious!

21st October 2015 at 9:46 am

Thanks Manuju, they were very good indeed 🙂

24. Helen @ family-friends-food.com

21st October 2015 at 7:47 pm

I was thinking these looked really good and then I got to the bit about white choc chips and then they looked AMAZING! Saving this recipe for next time I need a really decadent treat 🙂

22nd October 2015 at 11:15 am

Well it had to be done Helen. Raspberries go extraordinarily well with dark chocolate, but also with white chocolate 😉

25. Charlotte Oates

21st October 2015 at 11:17 pm

Ooh I love brownies, the gooey centre and slightly crunchy top and these look so delicious with the addition of white chocolate and raspberries. I’ve not tried making them with wholemeal flour before so I’ll have to give that a try.

Thanks for joining #FoodYearLinkup I hope to see you over there again soon x

22nd October 2015 at 11:18 am

Thanks Charlotte. A good brownie, as you describe, is very hard to resist. These ticked all the boxes. I always make my brownies with wholemeal flour, it works really well.

26. Ange

22nd October 2015 at 10:21 pm

I’m going to find some rasberry chocolate and make these today. Yum!

23rd October 2015 at 5:56 pm

Oh I hope you managed to find some Ange. Let me know how you got on.

27. Neli @ Delicious Meets Healthy

22nd October 2015 at 10:35 pm

Oh raspberry brownies!! Sounds amazing! I can have one piece for dessert tonight! Yum!

23rd October 2015 at 5:56 pm

If you can stop at just one piece, you have more self-control than me 😉

25th October 2015 at 3:02 pm

Chocolate and raspberries are a match made in heaven, very restrained sized slices there, so I take it they are very rich and yummy as brownies should be.

26th October 2015 at 5:55 pm

They are rich and yummy Janice, though I couldn’t swear to it that a second slice wasn’t reached for 😉

29. Caroline

1st November 2015 at 9:28 am

For all the fancy cakes I make, I think chocolate brownies are still the best! These look great – thanks for sharing with Alphabakes.

1st November 2015 at 10:01 am

Thanks Caroline. I think I have to agree with you 😉

30. bakingaddict

1st November 2015 at 3:11 pm

I love brownies and these look absolutely delicious especially with the raspberries. I’m sorry I didn’t get a chance to join in the USA themed WSC, so gutted! Thanks for sharing with AlphaBakes.

1st November 2015 at 8:16 pm

Well I think you can be excused Ros, you might have had something a little bit more important than We Should Cocoa to think about 😉

31. Rebecca

2nd November 2015 at 1:39 am

Rasoberry brownies are a favorite of mine at a lock bakery. I’ll have to try making yours!

2nd November 2015 at 1:55 pm

Thanks Rebecca. I don’t think I’ve ever seen raspberry brownies for sale over here, but I guess you live in the home of the brownie 🙂