Dark & White Cookies
Off to Sterts tomorrow with a group of friends and we’re all meant to be bringing along some food to share for a picnic during the interval. Needed to make something that I could knock up quickly after work this evening, that would keep well and was easily portable. It had to be biscuits!
- Creamed 125g butter with 75g caster sugar and 75g brown sugar (as was not organised enough to take butter out of fridge before leaving for work this morning, it was of course hard work – hey ho!).
- Mixed in 1 large free range egg with 1/2 tsp vanilla essence.
- Sifted in 150g flour (100g wholemeal and 50g white spelt), 1/2 tsp bicarb of soda, 30g cocoa and a pinch of salt.
- Mixed this in together with 100g white chocolate broken into chunks and 50g mixed nuts cut into largish pieces (brazils, walnuts, almonds hazelnuts and cashews).
- Put large spoonfuls (13) onto two lined baking trays – spaced well apart (but not quite well apart enough).
- Baked at 180°C (gas 4) for 12 mins.