Peach Melba Ice Cream – An All-In-One Frozen Take on a Classic Dessert

Peach Melba Ice Cream

This summer has been so hot and dry, we’ve been eating a lot of ice cream. As is often the case, there’s nothing quite so good as homemade. This peach melba ice cream is quite simple to make. It only requires six ingredients and it uses the no churn method. The base is made with peaches and cream and then swirled with fresh raspberry sauce. It’s surprisingly sophisticated, perfect for summer and quite delicious.

Peach Melba

The classic peach melba is a dish of skinned peaches served with vanilla ice-cream and raspberry sauce. It was created in the 1890s by the famous French chef Auguste Escoffier, who was then in charge of the kitchens at The Savoy in London. He made it and named it in honour of the Australian opera star, Dame Nellie Melba, whilst she was performing at Covent Garden. It soon took off in fashionable circles as the dessert of the moment and went mainstream not long after. It remains popular to this day.

Peach Melba Ice Cream

I’ve used the essential ingredients of a peach melba to create this rather sublime peach melba ice cream. Sweet peaches and tart raspberries combine beautifully with just a touch of amaretto to enhance the flavours. Oh! Did I not mention the amaretto? Apparently Escoffier allowed a few almonds to be scattered on top of his famous dessert, but take note, only if they were in season. Almonds weren’t in season when I made this in July, but I reckoned his advice gave me the green light to add a little amaretto to the peach mixture, which I used instead of vanilla.

Peach Melba Ice Cream

As long as you have a blender or food processor, this peach melba ice cream is a cinch to make. There’s no need to skin the peaches as you are meant to for the original dessert. The only slightly faffy thing needed is to sieve the raspberries. Bits of gritty raspberry seed would spoil the unctuousness of this smooth and creamy dessert. I used my Optimum Vac2 Air Vacuum Blender to whizz up both the raspberries and peaches. It’s a fabulous machine and if you want to find out what it can do please read my Vac2 review.

As some of you may know, I like sugary things, but I don’t like them to be overly sweet or excessively bad for you. This is an adaptation of my standard no churn ice cream recipe and it contains a lot less sugar and condensed milk than others I’ve seen. Try it and let me know what you think.

Vegan Version

For a vegan version try substituting the condensed milk for condensed coconut milk and the double cream for whipped coconut cream. I haven’t tried this yet, but I’m going to.

Peach Melba Ice Cream – The Recipe

5 from 2 votes
Peach Melba Ice Cream
Peach Melba Ice Cream
Prep Time
20 mins
Freezing Time
6 hrs
Total Time
20 mins

An all in one frozen take on the classic peach melba dessert. Sweet peaches combine with tart raspberries to make a smoothly sublime fruity ice cream.
Course: Dessert
Cuisine: British, French
Keywords: amaretto, ice cream, no-churn, peaches, raspberries
Servings: 20 scoops
Author: Choclette @ Tin and Thyme
  • 125 g raspberries
  • 2 tsp golden caster sugar
  • 6 large peaches - stoned
  • 1 tbsp amaretto or 1 tsp vanilla extract
  • 600 ml double cream
  • 200 ml condensed milk
  1. Whiz the raspberries up in a blender with the golden caster sugar for a few seconds until you have a sauce. I used my Optimum Vac2 Air Vacuum Blender.
  2. Sieve the sauce into a jug and discard the seeds.
  3. Place the peaches into the blender along with the amaretto. No need to wash the blender as long as no raspberry seeds remain.
  4. Whisk the cream with electric beaters until soft peaks form. Add the condensed milk and gently whisk together with the beaters until just combined.
  5. Fold in the peach puree until no streaks remain.
  6. Swirl the raspberry sauce through the mixture.
  7. Spoon into freezer-safe, suitably sized containers. I filled a 1 litre and a ¼ litre tub.
  8. Freeze for at least 6 hours and remove from the freezer ten minutes before serving.
Recipe Notes

Will keep well in the freezer for at least three months.

Other no-churn ice cream recipes you might like

Don’t Miss Out

If you make this peach melba ice cream recipe, I’d love to hear about it or see a photo. For more nutritious and delicious recipes, follow me on TwitterFacebook, Instagram or Pinterest.

Stop Press

Froothie are currently offering a free gift worth £149 when you spend £299.

• an Optimum Sous Vide Silver Wand – just use the code FREESOUSVIDE.
  • a Nutriforce Travel Blender – just use the code FREENUTRIFORCE

If you’d like to order an Optimum Vac2 Air Vacuum Power Blender, at time of writing it’s on offer at £399. Order it or any other Froothie appliance through either of these links and I can offer Tin and Thyme readers free P&P. Just add 2483 free ambassador delivery to the comment box when ordering. If you order by phone, just mention the code. The delivery charge will be credited back onto your card.

If you’d rather not have the free gift, I can offer you an extra £20 discount off any other Froothie Blender. Use the code AMB20 when you order through my link.

Froothie offers a five year warranty, which can be extended to ten years if desired (for an extra fee of course). There’s also a 30 day money back guarantee with free return postage costs.

Linkies

I’m sharing my peach melba ice cream recipe with #CookBlogShare, hosted this week by Recipes Made Easy and #CookOnceEatTwice hosted by Searching for Spice

Peach Melba Ice Cream. PIN IT.

Peach Melba Ice Cream recipe. No churn peach ice cream with a swirl of raspberries. Simple & delicious. #icecream #recipe #nochurn #peaches #raspberries #amaretto

This post contains affiliate links to Froothie Optimum products. Buying through a link will not cost you any more, but I will get a small commission. Thanks to my readers for supporting the brands and organisations that help to keep Tin and Thyme blythe and blogging.

1. Helen

7th August 2018 at 8:54 pm

That looks so good – loving the swirls!
    Can’t beat no churn ice cream & we’ve been making it almost every week over the summer!
    Thanks for including mine.

7th August 2018 at 9:02 pm

I’m with you on the no churn. I’ve made several batches this summer and explored several new flavours. Loved all your takes on it.

2. angiesrecipes

8th August 2018 at 5:34 am

So creamy and fruity at the same time! I love that it’s no churn too.

8th August 2018 at 9:06 am

Thanks Angie. No churn is just fantastic for hot weather when quick and easy meals are needed.

3. Corina Blum

8th August 2018 at 6:25 am

I’ve made a lot of frozen desserts this summer and I think this is such a great idea – raspberries and peaches are a brilliant combination! I’m sure this is absolutely delicious and thanks for sharing with #CookOnceEatTwice!

8th August 2018 at 9:07 am

I’ve seen some of your ice-creams and they all look delicious Corina. It’s definitely THE dessert for this summer.

4. Jacqui |Recipes Made Easy

8th August 2018 at 12:02 pm

Oh what a fabulous flavour for an ice cream and I love ice cream! I can almost taste it now. Thank you for linking to #CookBlogShare

8th August 2018 at 5:37 pm

Thanks Jacqui. I’m sort of wishing I could taste it now, but it’s sadly long gone.

5. Bintu Hardy

9th August 2018 at 7:52 am

What I wouldn’t do for a huuuuuuuuuge faceplant worth bowl of this right now.

9th August 2018 at 8:39 am

Get what you’re saying. I made it for visitors, so it didn’t last very long at all.

6. Kavita Favelle

9th August 2018 at 8:19 am

That looks gorgeous, I love the flavours and it looks so pretty.

9th August 2018 at 8:40 am

Thanks Kavey. Peaches and raspberries make for a most delicious ice cream.

7. Jagruti Dhanecha

9th August 2018 at 4:23 pm

This summer is all about ice creams! What a delicious and smooth looking ice cream.

9th August 2018 at 7:42 pm

I’m completely with you there Jagruti, it’s too hot for much else 😉

8. Jacqueline Meldrum

10th August 2018 at 1:29 pm

That looks and sounds amazing Choclette, I am drooling at the thought of it. OH MY! I would definitely choose this if I was in an ice cream shop. Sharing it now.

11th August 2018 at 11:50 am

Thanks Jac. It’s a good one.

9. Mary

11th August 2018 at 9:58 pm

Yesterday I made your Plum Amaretti ice cream.
    I made 50/50 Plum Amaretti and Rum and Raisin. Just halved it at the stage of adding the flavours. They are both lovely and NOT TOO SWEET. Your basic recipe is so easy and all manner of flavours can be added.
    I am so pleased to find this recipe – not so much condensed milk to over sweeten it. Will make the Peach Melba when we have made our way through these ones. Yummo!!!!

12th August 2018 at 4:33 pm

Hi Mary. I’m so glad you like the recipe and thanks for letting me know. I generally try and use less sugar in my recipes than most as I don’t like things to be too unhealthy – mostly! All my family and friends who’ve tried it always seem to like it. Rum and raisin sounds totally lush. I think I need to make some.

10. Emma

12th August 2018 at 8:52 am

You know Ive never had a peach melba but the flavour combination of peaches and raspberries sounds like a winner to me. I’ve got people coming over for a BBQ next weekend and this would be the perfect dessert!

12th August 2018 at 4:25 pm

BBQ dessert? Definitely. Good luck with the weather. Do you know, I’m not sure if I’ve had an actual peach melba either. Hmmm. might need to remedy that.

11. Cat | Curly's Cooking

12th August 2018 at 9:43 pm

This looks absolutely delicious. Love the flavours!

13th August 2018 at 8:09 am

Thanks Cat. Peach and raspberry is a bit of a classic, but also not that common a combination.

12. Kat (The Baking Explorer)

17th August 2018 at 9:49 am

Ooo this sounds yummy and looks perfect for summer!

17th August 2018 at 3:22 pm

Thanks Kat. It’s a really good one, though to be honest most homemade ice-cream is pretty scrummy.