Christmas Bliss Balls
These are named bliss balls for a very good reason. They are easy to make, health (ish) and most importantly, delicious.
Prep Time 30 minutes
Total Time 30 minutes
- 250 g raw cashew nuts - soaked for a few hours
- 250 g Medjool dates
- 50 g oats
- 1 tbsp coconut oil
- 1 tbsp raw honey (I used orange blossom)
- pinch of Himalayan pink rock salt
- 15 g dried cranberries - chopped
- zest of ½ an organic orange - finely grated
- 3 tsp cranberry powder
- grating of nutmeg
- pinch of ground cloves
- ⅛ tsp ground cinnamon
- 10 g pistachio nuts - roughly ground
- 15 g desiccated coconut + 2 tsp for rolling
- 2 tsp raw cacao powder
- ½ tsp maca powder
- pinch of Himalayan pink sea salt
- 20 g salted caramel chocolate (I used Loving Earth)
Wash and drain the nuts.
Put them and the other main ingredients into a power blender or food processor and blitz until everything is a smooth paste.
Divide the mixture between 4 bowls.
Mix the cranberry pieces and orange into one - I found a flat bladed knife worked well. Roll into balls, then roll in the cranberry powder to coat.
Mix the spices into the mixture in the second bowl. Roll into balls, then coat with the ground pistachios.
Mix the desiccated coconut into the third bowl. Roll into balls, then coat with more coconut.
Mix the cacao powder and maca powder into the remaining bowl. Roll into balls and coat with the grated chocolate.
Keep in a cool place until needed and eat within a week.
It's best to soak the nuts for a minimum of 4 hours, but overnight is best.