17 Marvellous Chocolate Recipes and April’s We Should Cocoa

We Should Cocoa | 1st April 2017 | By

Well I thought March was all about Mother’s Day, but is seems I’m wrong – again! We have 17 marvellous chocolate recipes for this month’s We Should Cocoa, but not one Mother’s Day cake, bake or other treat. We do have brownies for St Patrick’s Day, cookies for Red Nose Day and a variety of chocolate treats for Easter, which isn’t so very far away now. Do take a look and follow the links of any you feel particularly inspired by.

If you’d like to join in with next month’s #WeShouldCocoa, scroll down to the bottom of the post and you’ll find the April link-up. If you haven’t joined in before or need a reminder, you can find the guidelines on the We Should Cocoa page.

17 Marvellous Chocolate Recipes

Easter Millionaire's Shortbread

Chonnie from Baked to Imperfection brings us the very first Easter recipe of the season. She baked these mini egg millionaire’s shortbread as part of her first blog birthday celebrations.

Creme Egg Cookies

There’s more Easter fun from Camilla at Fab Food 4 All with her easy creme egg cookies. They are crispy on the outside, gooey in the middle and made with pecan nuts.

Hazelnut & Caramel Chocolates

Happy 2nd blog anniversary to Angela at Only Crumbs Remain. She chose to celebrate by crafting these gorgeous hazelnut and caramel chocolates.

Upside down blood orange cake.

Shaheen over at A2K – A Seasonal Veg Table made this glorious upside down Sicilain blood orange chocolate cake to please her husband, but as it turned out she rather liked it too.

Red Velvet Cheesecake

A cake come dessert is the best type of cake I reckon. Caroline made a red velvet cheesecake to fulfil this function for a late Valentine’s dinner.

Black Velvet Cheesecake Brownies

With a nod to St Patrick’s Day my contribution to March’s #WeShouldCocoa were these luscious black velvet cheesecake swirl brownies with stout caramel sauce.

Baileys Cheesecake Chocolate Brownies

Great minds think alike. Kat over at The Baking Explorer had a similar idea, but used Baileys rather than stout – Baileys cheesecake chocolate brownies.

Date & Ginger Chocolate Chip Biscuits

Suelle over at Mainly baking brings us an unusual but delightful combination of flavours in these date and ginger chocolate chip biscuits.

Easter White Chocolate Cheesecake

We have another Easter contribution from Jenny at Mummy Mishaps. Who could resist a slices of this Malteser bunny & mini egg white chocolate cheesecake?

Red Velvet Cookies

Red velvet is popular this month and now I realise why. Stuart at Cakeyboi made these red velvet cookies to mark Red Nose Day.

Chocolate Custard

If you’ve never made your own chocolate custard, you can find out how at Charlotte’s Lively Kitchen.

Gluten Free Easter Tiffin

Tiffin is one of my favourite things so I’m really glad to see this no bake creme egg biscuit cake amongst these 17 marvellous chocolate recipes. I’m hoping Kate at The Gluten Free Alchemist has made this just for me.

Malteser Loaf

Lucy over at Baking Queen has made a chocolate Malteser loaf cake. Perfect for a red nose cake sale or Easter, who could resist?

Vegan Chocolate Matcha Truffles

I’m a massive matcha fan and I’m now dying to try these vegan chocolate matcha truffles from Nico at Yumsome.

Hedgehog Cake

Johanna’s daughter Sylvia is a very lucky girl. I would have loved to have a birthday hedgehog cake when I was a child. I’ve always had a fondness for hedgehogs AND chocolate cake. Doesn’t he look cute?

Cinnamon and Chocolate Hazelnut Buns.

Much as I love cake, I find it almost impossible to resist a good bun. These cinnamon and chocolate hazelnut buns from Dom at Belleau Kitchen are completely irresistible.

Black Bean Hemp Brownie Protein Shake

Now if you’re feeling you need a break from all these sweet treats, Elizabeth gives us this super healthy black bean & hemp brownie protein shake.

Why not pin these 17 marvellous chocolate recipes for later?

17 Marvellous Chocolate Recipes Pin

Tags:

1. Angela / Only Crumbs Remain

1st April 2017 at 4:23 pm

I just love Johanna’s Hedgehog Cake! He really is v cute!
    Angela x

3rd April 2017 at 9:16 pm

I’m with you there. Even I’m tempted to give this a go.

2. Nico @ yumsome

1st April 2017 at 8:36 pm

I agree – that hedgepiggy cake is beyond cute! I love the look of your black velvet brownies too, and those cinnamon rolls are calling my name as well.

What a smashing round-up – thanks so much, Choclette! xx

3rd April 2017 at 9:18 pm

Thank you for joining in Nico. I’m not really into fiddly, but I’m quite tempted by that cute cake. Your truffles have my name written all over them too.

3. Johanna @ Green Gourmet Giraffe

2nd April 2017 at 4:00 am

Just lovely – have barely thought of easter but it is coming fast now so I need all the chocolate inspiration I can get and this is a perfect place to start!

3rd April 2017 at 9:19 pm

Your hedgehog cake would make a wonderful Easter cake – I’m quite tempted.

4. Camilla

2nd April 2017 at 7:59 am

Oh my goodness, where to start! Just loving each and every one of these fabulous recipes. Thanks for a lovely royndup☺️

3rd April 2017 at 9:20 pm

Thanks for joining in Camilla. Your biccies sound gorgeous.

5. Shaheen

2nd April 2017 at 8:46 am

Thanks you for hosting, so many good recipes. I am quick off the mark this month with my contribution to WSC, as I kept my recipe back from a few months back to share here. Its an old one, but a popular one.

3rd April 2017 at 9:21 pm

Thanks for joining in Shaheen, I always look forward to your contribution. I’m super impressed with your enthusiasm this month 😉

6. Elinor Kugler

2nd April 2017 at 12:40 pm

What a lovely round up Choclette! There’s so many chocolate options here, I don’t know where to begin! I think I’m in heaven! 🙂

3rd April 2017 at 9:22 pm

Yes indeed. If only we could actually try them all – or maybe not!

7. jenny paulin

2nd April 2017 at 4:06 pm

thank you for including my cheesecake in your round up. There are so many delicious looking recipes here – I do love an easter themed bake x

3rd April 2017 at 8:03 pm

Thanks for joining in with your lovely cheesecake Jenny 🙂

8. Elizabeth

3rd April 2017 at 7:48 am

What a gorgeous collection of recipes! Thank you for including my rather bizarre shake too, lol! I’ll try and join in again this month but I’m away for much of April, so I think the blog might take a back burner for a little bit.

3rd April 2017 at 8:02 pm

Oh, are you off on your next adventure? How very exciting. You might need to take a few of these to help fuel you on your way!

9. Andrea @ The Petite Cook

3rd April 2017 at 9:31 am

What a wonderful collection of chocolate recipes! Love that there are so many Easter ideas, Im absolutely tempted by the creme egg biscuit cake!

3rd April 2017 at 9:13 pm

I’m definitely in the mood for Easter baking after seeing this lot.

10. Dannii @ Hungry Healthy Happy

3rd April 2017 at 1:06 pm

So much amazing choice! That red velvet cheesecake is calling my name though. YUM!

3rd April 2017 at 9:15 pm

My trouble is everything’s calling to me 😉

11. All That I'm Eating

3rd April 2017 at 4:05 pm

These all sound delicious, that mini egg shortbread has got my attention!

3rd April 2017 at 8:01 pm

After seeing this, all I can think of are mini eggs and Easter.

12. Kate - Gluten Free Alchemist

3rd April 2017 at 9:16 pm

Which to choose? Which to choose? So many amazing treats….. and ALL of them SO yummy…… quite a phenomenal round up! Thanks for hosting Choclette xx

3rd April 2017 at 9:24 pm

It’s easy Kate. Choose them all 😀 Thanks for joining in with your stunning tiffin.

13. Lucy

4th April 2017 at 2:49 pm

Wha a great roundup of chocolatey goodness! I love the hedgehog cake too, I have fond memories of those from mu mum’s 80s baking book as well. so cute! Thanks for hosting. I already have an entry for next month and will add it asap!!

4th April 2017 at 4:46 pm

Oh I do feel I’ve missed out big time. I’ve never had a hedgehog cake! But really pleased you’ll be joining in with #WeShouldCocoa again this month 🙂

14. Jo @ Jo's Kitchen Larder

11th April 2017 at 7:34 pm

Some delectable chocolate recipes in this roundup. I love how beautiful little hazelnut and caramel choccies are! So excited about joining in the next round 🙂

11th April 2017 at 7:59 pm

There are always heaps of recipes I want to try in these We Should cocoa round-ups. It’s probably just as well I don’t really have the time 😉 Glad to have you on board this month.