We Should Cocoa – The Jam Round-up

We Should Cocoa | 30th September 2014 | By

Well it seems jam isn’t as popular as I’d thought it would be – either that or you’ve all decamped to the beach to enjoy the rather brilliant September weather we’ve been having in the UK this year. So here goes with the small but very select number of We Should Cocoa entries this month. Please share the love and visit the blogs to find out more.
Hannah from Honey and Dough is hosting next month, so do pop along to her blog tomorrow to see what challenge she’s set.

Janine over at Cake of the Week was doing a tour of friends and family early in the month and made some blackcurrant macarons to take along with her. Filled with a ganache made from white chocolate and blackcurrant jam, I’m feeling rather sorry I wasn’t one of the lucky people being visited.

Suelle over at Mainly Baking always comes up with a real treat and having seen her hazelnut, apricot and chocolate tart, I am smitten. Inspired by the much beloved Bakewell tart Suelle has used foraged hazelnuts instead of almonds with apricot jam and chocolate of course.

Jam ganache seems to be particularly popular this month and Dom from Belleau Kitchen tried some out to top his beautifully marbled mini white chocolate and raspberry jam loaf.

I am super impressed with Kate’s mixed berry “jaffa’ cakes over at The Gluten Free Alchemist. They look just as they should I reckon, only much much better. The base is made from a sticky rice flour and the jelly is made from Kate’s own autumnal berry jam.

September is such a wonderful month for nature’s bounty and fruit in particular. Alida over at My Little Italian Kitchen has used pears for her entry in this chocolate and pear cake. She has been rather clever with her use of jam which isn’t at first very obvious.

I used the chocolate blackberry jam I made to sandwich this blackberry chocolate cake. I had a go at feathering for the very first time with some blackberry ganache drizzled over dark chocolate.

A beautiful stack of pancakes comes next, made my Johanna of a Green Gourmet Giraffe with help from her daughter, Sylvia. Layered with chocolate, jam and bananas, these wonders are entirely vegan.

Huckleberry jam sounds very exotic to my English ears, but over in the States it’s a little more familiar. Rebecca from BakeNQuilt has used it to very good effect in these mini huckleberry white chocolate cheesecake parfaits.

Next up is this spectacular tunnel of jam chocolate bundt cake from Laura of I’d Much Rather Bake Than … Laura has become a little obsessed with Bundt tins and this is her latest. As you cut into it, you’ll find a layer of her homemade blackberry jam sitting just under the surface – mmm.

In a bid to use up some lingonberry jam, Katie over at The Perfect Brownie decided that taking part in this month’s challenge was the way to go. This delicious sounding lingonberry jam cheesecake brownie was the result.

And just in time Jill from Lapin D’Or and More got in with her exotic white chocolate and cardamom rice pudding with rose and raspberry sauce. Creamy rice pudding with a pool of red sauce made with rose petal jam sounds like it would satisfy my inner child as well as my more sophisticated adult self.

Tags: ,

1. belleau kitchen

30th September 2014 at 8:23 am

a fab round-up… I love jam in cakes, don’t know what’s wrong with people!… although I think it’s been pretty quiet everywhere in the blog world recently…

in response to your question about google+… when it first launched I read an article about it and the person writing it said just go through it and like as many people as you can and join as many circles, so I did. To be honest I barely understand what i’m doing on there and have no idea what it does but I’m on there and it helps link things together… it is all very tedious keeping track of so much social media but one tries ones hardest blah blah blah…

• Choclette Blogger

30th September 2014 at 8:28 am

Thanks Dom – I agree, especially with the blah blah blah. I have added heaps of people to my circles, but reciprocations are slow.

2. Lesley

30th September 2014 at 8:39 am

Looks like you got quality over quantity though – I am drooling over these wonderful jammy concoctions (and feeling a bit guilty at not getting anything done myself).

3. Alida

30th September 2014 at 9:44 am

What a fab round up Choclette! I love them all. Jam is indespensable in the kitchen and you can use it in so many different ways. Love those huckleberry white chocolate treats!

4. Katie @ The Perfect Brownie

30th September 2014 at 1:24 pm

Hi Choclette, thanks for hosting! You do a beautiful job as always. Everything looks so delicious I hardly know which one to try first. I am drawn to the rice pudding with cardamom, as I baked with cardamom for the first time a few weeks ago and was blown away by the flavor.

And I’m also especially intrigued by the white chocolate loaf. I was reading about white chocolate over at CakeSpy, and it made me curious about it. To be honest, I’ve never even used white chocolate! Time to start experimenting. 🙂

5. Fiver Feeds

30th September 2014 at 3:32 pm

Thanks for putting all these lovely recipes together, there’s really a lot of delicious desserts!

6. Janine

30th September 2014 at 5:10 pm

Great round up! Looks like you still drew a fair few entries even if it wasn’t the usual haul. A very good standard of entries though; I don’t know which to try first.

7. Laura Denman

30th September 2014 at 8:55 pm

There might be fewer than normal but that hasn’t changed their quality! They’re all lovely and have made me question why I don’t combine jam and chocolate more. A fab round up =)

30th September 2014 at 11:19 pm

I loved this theme – jam is such a great way to add sweetness with flavour – I really wanted to make some butterfly cakes with jam but it was a crazy month so I was pleased just to be in it – and love seeing what others got up to – how strange that this wasn’t such a popular theme

9. Agata Pokutycka

1st October 2014 at 8:52 am

All these cakes look amazing. I would love to try a pear cake.

10. Viccy Howe

1st October 2014 at 8:56 am

Oh my goodness, what a beautiful array of yummy goodies! The pear cake sounds yummy – not something I’ve tried before. Thank you xx

11. Kate Glutenfreealchemist

1st October 2014 at 11:06 am

All these offerings are lovely! I agree….. quality over quantity here! September has been extra warm this year and the kids went back to school…. maybe its all just extra busy!

12. Madeleine Morrow

1st October 2014 at 4:05 pm

A lovely round up but not well timed for me. This week I have resolved to tackle my round the middle and your round up is too tempting!

13. Bintu @ Recipes From A Pantry

2nd October 2014 at 8:26 am

Now I am very sold on the pancake stacks. Seriously.

14. GG

2nd October 2014 at 4:06 pm

Ooh Huckleberry Jam sounds fab. Great round up Choclette. GG

15. Debi Wayland

2nd October 2014 at 8:07 pm

Wow these all look so good! You’re making me super hungry!

16. Crystal

2nd October 2014 at 8:40 pm

These all look so delicious! Especially the Hazelnut apricot tart!

17. Jennifer Ferris

3rd October 2014 at 2:24 am

A wonderful round up. They all look so wonderful!