Chocolate Amnesia Cake – We Should Cocoa #37

Well my party piece for We Should Cocoa‘s third birthday is a real showstopper. It was so good, it stopped me in my tracks and knocked all sense out of me. As a result, I stupidly didn’t write the recipe down. Now a couple of weeks down the line, when I assumed all I had to do was put a few finishing touches to the post, I find I don’t have one and cannot remember how I made the cake. More importantly, I can’t remember what I put in it. This is really annoying as I do recall it was a particularly good one and I’d like to be able to repeat it. Note to self: pay attention and write recipes down immediately.

Chocolate Heart Cakes

The cake was a commission and a heart shape was chosen. As it was meant for a tea time treat, I was keen to use one of these Afternoon Tea Chocolates.

Chocolate Fudge Cake
Stars for Celebrataion

To ensure I got to try some, I took the precaution of baking a second small rectangular one for us. This one was to celebrate We Should Cocoa’s third birthday. The cakes were of the sandwich variety and I filled and covered them with some sort of ganache.

The cake itself was moist and chocolatey, but the whipped ganache filling and covering was sublime. I do remember it had lots of chocolate in it and I beat it for ages so it was rich, but light and airy, almost mousse like.

Chocolate Fudge Cake
Happy Birthday We Should Cocoa

1. belleau kitchen

25th September 2013 at 6:40 am

Oh yeah… The old ‘had to make small one for us to try’ trick!! Love the look of the cake and it’s shape is fab too. A great celebration cake for WSC

2. The KitchenMaid

25th September 2013 at 8:08 am

I’m sure it will come back to you! Happy birthday to WSC (and I have sent you a cheeky email to the WSC email address…) !

3. Kath

25th September 2013 at 8:25 am

What a lovely looking cake. I cannot tell you how many intended blog posts I have had only to find I cannot remember exactly what I did. I will never learn. Happy birthday WSC.

4. Maggie

25th September 2013 at 8:49 am

Well done on your WSC. Fab cake, and the afternoon tea chocolates look lovely.

5. Jean

25th September 2013 at 8:55 am

Two lovely cakes !! It’s such a pity you can’t remember how you made them !!
    This post made me chuckle. My husband does the same thing. He tends to cook adding a dash of this and a sprinkle of that as he goes along. Mostly the end result is nice but occasionally it’s delicious but when asked what he put in it he can never remember !!

25th September 2013 at 3:21 pm

I hate that – it always happens with a great cake – looks like a beautiful cake

7. Angela Darroch

25th September 2013 at 5:52 pm

That is so cruel – show us a gorgeous looking cake and then tell us we can’t make it 🙂 WSC is one of my favourite challenges so a big Happy Birthday and may you have many more.

8. Susan Lindquist

25th September 2013 at 5:59 pm

Oh, the joys of cooking for others and setting aside a bit for the home front! This does look moist and fluffy, my dear! I’d have been happy to be invited to that tea party!

9. Janine

25th September 2013 at 8:23 pm

Looks gorgeous – I love the stars on top!

10. Jo

26th September 2013 at 12:14 am

Wow, a chocolate cake so deliciously powerful that it causes amnesia! Your ganache looks/sounds heavenly.

11. Hannah Hearsey

26th September 2013 at 9:33 am

If i was going to suffer from amnesia, I would want it to be because of cake. The decorations are so pretty, love the stars and the shimmery gold lustre dust!

12. Galina Varese

27th September 2013 at 3:06 pm

A fab looking cake. I sooo often suffer from this malaise. I often forget what ingredients I used, or how much exactly.

13. Phil in the Kitchen

27th September 2013 at 11:04 pm

Wonderful cake. I completely understand the forgetting. I’ve forgotten so many recipes in the past. At least, I think I have. I can’t really remember.

14. Bee Gianni

31st May 2016 at 10:31 pm

What a bummer. I “don’t” have a recipe just like it that got RAVE reviews, but no re~bake. Damn, it was good too.

1st June 2016 at 8:55 am

I never did learn my lesson and this keeps happening to me. I always have good intentions, but sometimes life just gets in the way.