Honey & Raisin Chocolate Flapjacks

Flapjacks | 19th April 2011 | By

Some old friends, who I hadn’t seen in a long time were coming to visit and one of them is a flapjack fanatic. I couldn’t disappoint, so flapjacks were what I made and this is how I did it:

• Melted 5oz unsalted butter in a large pan with 2 tbsp honey.
  • Stirred in a pinch of salt (Himalayan pink)
  • Removed from the heat and added 100g dark chocolate broken into pieces (I used Co-op fair trade 46% rather than my usual G&B or Divine 70%)
  • Mixed in 10oz rolled oats, 3oz demerara sugar and 2oz raisins.
  • Pressed into a buttered 10″ x 8″ tin
  • Scattered my signature sesame seeds over the top and baked at 180C for 17 minutes.
  • Left to cool completely then cut into 16 pieces.
These were enjoyed as we sat in Trenant Woods overlooking the West Looe River. Surprisingly, although not fully out, there were more bluebells open on the 16th April than there were when we visited last year on 1st May.
Tags: ,

1. Dom at Belleau Kitchen

19th April 2011 at 5:16 pm

look at those flapjacks!, I love the sesame seeds, what a great twist… can’t wait for the weekend to go to the local bluebell wood, it’s so stunning and i’m sure they’ll be out by this weekend what with the good weather.

2. Maria♥

19th April 2011 at 8:05 pm

I bet your friend loved these flapjacks, they look scrumptious!

Maria
    x

3. Gloria

20th April 2011 at 12:14 am

I love these flapjacks look delicious, x gloria

4. Aveen

20th April 2011 at 7:58 am

Yummy! We’re having a picnic on Easter Sunday, these would be perfect to bring along 🙂

5. Catherine

20th April 2011 at 11:16 am

Mmmm those flapjacks look amazing! I can just picture you and your friends enjoying them overlooking the river; how idyllic! :’)

6. Suman Singh

20th April 2011 at 12:49 pm

Yum,this looks delicious..

7. cityhippyfarmgirl

21st April 2011 at 3:42 am

Chocolate, raisins, honey and oats…. all are some of my favourite ingredients. Yummo!

21st April 2011 at 4:35 am

flapjacks and bluebells – sounds very enid blyton 🙂 would have loved to have partaken

21st April 2011 at 11:42 am

Dom – thanks. May your bluebells be stunningly blue and prolific.

Maria – thank you. Can’t say I was completely selfless – I managed to consume a few too 😉

Gloria – thank you

Aveen – flapjacks work really well as outdoor food – they can take a fair amount of rough and tumble without breaking up.

Catherine – it was rather good especially as we got the whole place to ourselves 🙂

Suman – thank you

CityHippy – chocolate one of your favourite ingredients? Who’d have thought it 😉

Johanna – if only we’d had some ginger beer!

10. All That I'm Eating

21st April 2011 at 8:55 pm

These look lovely. I like they way you’ve specified exactly what you used. I’ve yet to try the Himalayan Salt but I love the addition of it to the flapjacks. And the sesame seeds. Either way, sounds like my perfect flapjack!

11. Baking Addict

22nd April 2011 at 12:21 am

These look good! Haven’t had a flapjack in a long time. Have a great chocolate filled Easter 🙂

22nd April 2011 at 6:42 am

Chocolate flapjacks have got to be the best invention ever! These look so scrummy and perfect for a picnic treat.

13. celia

22nd April 2011 at 8:29 am

Oh that does look nice, Choc! Not something we get here, flapjacks, might have to make my own! 🙂

14. Kate

22nd April 2011 at 11:29 am

Great idea for a long walk- flapjacks tend to be the indestructible bake! The bluebells look great- we’ll be doing just the same kind of walk this afternoon, a perfect Easter stroll! The hot cross buns will be coming too!

katescakesandbakes

15. C

22nd April 2011 at 11:55 am

Must try chocolate flapjacks, the only ones I’ve made have been flapjacks with chocolate in them… Yours look great!

16. Nic

22nd April 2011 at 8:28 pm

What a great plate of flapjacks, they look like the business, I could eat a whole ton of them!

23rd April 2011 at 7:52 am

All That I’m Eating – thank you. If using salt in chocolate baking, it;s the Himalayan pink I tend to use.

Baking Addict – thank you and a very Happy Easter to you too.

Chele – now are you absolutely sure about that? Brownies spring to mind as a possible contender 😉

Celia – like most things, home made flapjacks are so much nicer than bought ones.

Kate – Hot Cross Buns on a Good Friday walk sound perfect. Hope the bluebells were out for you.

C – I’d recommend using a higher cocoa content chocolate if you did make these.

Nic – that is the trouble with flapjacks – one just leads to another 😉

18. simply.food

25th April 2011 at 3:35 pm

These flapjacks look delicious will book Mark and try for sure.

19. Ananda Rajashekar

25th April 2011 at 4:23 pm

I have tons of raisins stored in my pantry ….this is def to be done pretty soonish!

26th April 2011 at 7:04 pm

Simply Food – hard to go wrong with a flapjack

Ananda – time to try an english flapjack – you keep promising 😉

21. GastroStu

19th August 2011 at 11:34 am

I love it when I find a recipe online that I like AND I’ve already got all the ingredients. Nice one, I may make these tonight 🙂

22. JaynesDen

12th February 2014 at 12:05 pm

These look delicious. A different approach to the usual flapjack recipe.