Chocolate Courgette Cake
Back in those dim and distant days when I was on holiday, I was browsing through Allotment 2 Kitchen and found this recipe. At that point we still had plenty of courgettes and a friend coming over for supper. MangoCheeks advised that this cake was particularly good warm with vanilla ice-cream, so pudding for the evening was sorted – thank you MangoCheeks. Writing this up three weeks later, I can’t of course remember exactly what I did because, as regular readers will know, I am virtually incapable of following a recipe exactly.
So this is what I think I did:
- Creamed 110g unsalted butter with 220g vanilla sugar (instead of 1 tsp vanilla extract).
- Beat in 2 duck eggs
- Sifted in 340g flour (spelt wholemeal), 2 tsp baking powder, 4 tbsp cocoa and 1 tsp mixed space.
- Mixed this in, then added 400g grated courgette.
- Stirred in 120g Greek yogurt.
- Spooned mixture into a 9″ sq cake thingie and baked for about 45 mins at 180C.