Nutty Chocolate and Orange Flapjacks
Just after Christmas, friends were having an “open house”. You know me, I didn’t feel I could just turn up empty handed, but I also didn’t have a great deal of time to bake anything elaborate. I also felt with all the goodies going around at Christmas, something simple would be welcome. Flapjacks seemed to fit both of these criteria, so flapjacks it was.
- Melted 5oz unsalted butter in a large pan with 1 large tbsp golden syrup.
- Added 2 tbsp orange syrup (left over from candied orange peel)
- Mixed in 10oz rolled oats, 2oz chopped nuts (mixed), 2 teaspoons of dried powdered orange peel, 2.5 oz demerara sugar and 2oz chopped Maya Gold chocolate.
- Pressed into a buttered 9″ x 7″ tin and sprinkled with sesame seeds.
- Baked at 175C for 20 minutes.