Nectarine Amaretto and Pecan Slice
Suffice to say, they were a resounding success. What they lacked in looks, they made up for in flavour.
- 200g unsalted butter
- 180g dark brown sugar
- 1 large egg
- 190g wholemeal spelt flour
- ¾ tsp bicarbonate of soda
- 160g rolled oats
- 50g dark chocolate chips
- 50g pecan nuts – chopped
- 3 (450g) nectarines – stoned
- 2 tbsp Amaretto
- Cream the butter and sugar until pale caramel in colour.
- Beat in the egg.
- Sift in the flour and bicarbonate of soda and stir.
- Stir in the oats, chocolate and pecans until all incorporated.
- Chop the nectarines and place in a bowl with the Amaretto (ideally this should be done at the start of the process.
- Press half of the mixture into a 9″ square cake mould. Cover with the nectarines and then scatter the other half of the oat mix on top as best you can to cover the nectarines.
- Bake at 170°C for 30 minutes.
- Allow to cool, then cut into 16 squares. Dust with icing sugar if desired.
Baking with Spirit is one of the challenges I keep meaning to enter but rarely manage. Being Easter and all that, Janine of Cake of the Week has chosen chocolate as the theme for April. So I really have no excuse and am getting in early with these Nectarine Amaretto and Pecan Slices.