It’s exciting times for We Should Cocoa this month. What ingredient, you are wondering will it be for February? Or is it a theme? Maybe a bake? Well it’s an ingredient and that ingredient is chocolate – it is the month of Valentine after all. Chocolate? But we all know about the chocolate bit, you are probably proclaiming. Ah, but there’s a bit more to it than that. We are joining forces with Dashing Dom and his Random Recipe challenge over at Belleau Kitchen.
Random Recipes is a hoot and my favourite challenge – after We Should Cocoa of course. It gets me to use some of the recipes and books that are sitting on my shelves that might otherwise not get a look in. Sometimes it gets me to make things that are well outside my comfort zone. Mostly it’s a bit of fun. I’m chuffed to be playing a part in it this month. The idea is for you to pick a random chocolate recipe (see below for details) then make it, blog about it and link to us. At the end of the month, you get not one, but two round-ups, one from Dom and one from me.
We Should Cocoa Meets Random Recipes – The Rules:
1. Randomly select a book from your cookbook collection (you can group them into all the books that contain dessert recipes or all the books about chocolate if you want to make it easier…) … you can do this any number of ways, Dom likes to count them all, assign each one a number and then randomly draw a book out of the hat but you could throw them all up in the air and select the one that hits you… we leave the selection process to you.
2. Take that book and either open it at a random page (try towards the back of the book) or, you can go to the index of the book and look up all the chocolate recipes which you should find under C and then randomly pick one of these chocolate recipes…
3. Cook the recipe on this page… and don’t cheat… do it with a friend in the room who will make you stick to it… it’s a challenge after all and you’re only cheating yourself… this is specifically designed to take you out of your comfort zone…!
4. You may change the recipe for dietary or monetary or seasonal availability reasons only.
5. Post it up on your blog, with a link to Belleau Kitchen and Chocolate Log Blog and then you can either email Dom dominic(@) belleaukitchen.co.uk or use the linky at the bottom of this page so we know you’ve joined in, you can also attach the badge to show people you’re taking part.
6. Tweet your entry including the hashtag #randomrecipes and #weshouldcocoa and we will retweet all we see
7. Taking part in this challenge automatically qualifies you for entry into the Random Recipes challenge and vice versa.
8. Challenge deadline is Feb 26th.