Your favourite recipes of 2012

Uncategorized | 31st December 2012 | By

I’d like to say a big thank you to all my lovely readers, visitors and commenters. Without you this blog would not have become what it is and I expect I would have given up long ago. I’d also like to wish you all the very best for 2013 and look forward to your continuing visits next year.

So, what were your favourite recipes on Chocolate Log Blog in 2012 and what were mine? I first saw this retrospective on Farmersgirl Kitchen yesterday and thought it a great idea. I was very tempted to do it myself, but didn’t want to copy. However, I’ve now seen it on so many blogs, I feel I really want to have a go myself.

Your favourite – Nigella’s chocolate macaroons

Your favourite – Banoffee pie
My favourite – Chocshuka
Your favourite – Cinnamon and honey Christmas stars
My favourite – Rosemary chocolate truffles

1. Janice Pattie

31st December 2012 at 4:27 pm

Oh no need to worry about copying, I wouldn’t have minded in the least. If you see anything I’m doing, that you would like to replicate, just say. Most people do a round up at the end of the year and it’s lovely to see some familiar recipes again and some that I have missed. A very Happy New Year to you when it comes.

2. Torviewtoronto

31st December 2012 at 4:35 pm

delicious roundup of desserts

3. Susie @ Fold in the Flour

31st December 2012 at 5:08 pm

Fantastic year’s worth of posts and I’m looking forward to reading more in 2013.
    Happy New Year! 🙂

4. Caroline

31st December 2012 at 5:19 pm

What a lot of lovely recipes and treats! I think I may have to jump on the band-wagon and join in! Isn’t it funny how your favourites aren’t the same as your reader’s favourites. But then you had the added advantage of being able to taste them too 🙂

5. Katie

31st December 2012 at 5:32 pm

Lovely roundup and was great to see both readers and your favs of the past year. You’ve reminded me I really must bake your Pecan and chocolate streusel cake – looks amazing.
    Have a great New Year!

6. Jayne

31st December 2012 at 8:37 pm

What a lovely assortment of recipes, my favourite would be the chocolate marzipan cheesecake, I must try that! Happy New Year to you!

7. Cakelaw

31st December 2012 at 11:16 pm

I like how your readers had different favourites from you. I am a bit the same – things that are my favourites are not necessarily anyone else’s favourites. hansk for this fun recipe retrospective. Happy New Year!

8. Galina Varese

1st January 2013 at 3:33 pm

I’d be hard pressed to choose a favourite from the fab selection above. Probably chocolate raspberry polenta cake would get my top vote.
    Happy new year and thank you for the inspiration!
    As for the salad Olivier for vegetarians, I just had a quick look at the Russian sites, they suggest using white mushrooms instead of the meat. Actually I think the sliced raw mushrooms could be lovely in this salad, in fact I am gling to try later this month myself.

9. Galina Varese

1st January 2013 at 3:37 pm

OK, a bit more info on the salad, some suggest adding tofu, and if you eat fish, then salmon could be also a good alternative.

10. Alida

1st January 2013 at 5:04 pm

what a wondeful round up Choclette! All your baking is excellent. I must say I love them all especially the mascarpone and curd tart. Happy new year!!

11. thelittleloaf

1st January 2013 at 6:02 pm

This is reminding me of all the amazing recipes you’ve made this year – will have to have a trawl through the archives now and get baking. Yum!

12. debby emadian

1st January 2013 at 9:16 pm

Wow this all looks amazing Choclette, especially the fennel and ginger chocolate tarts.

Sorry I missed we should cocoa again…I did make a red velvet chocolate cake loaded with cinnamon served with cinnamon yoghurt especially but just didn’t have time to write it up.

I must be more organised this year.

I hope that it’s a very happy one for you and your family.

13. celia

2nd January 2013 at 10:36 am

What a spectacular, chocolate-filled year you’ve had, Choclette! Happy New Year to you, and all the very best for 2013! 🙂

14. Beau Pace

2nd January 2013 at 12:09 pm

That looks absolutely delicious!

Happy New Year!!!

15. Kath

2nd January 2013 at 4:49 pm

I like this post a lot! Happy New Year Choc and CT, I hope it brings you happiness and lots of chocolate. x

16. Brownieville Girl

2nd January 2013 at 8:26 pm

Yummm, what a great idea, remembering the year in food – the best memories!!

I hope 2013 is a wonderful year for you,

3rd January 2013 at 1:30 am

happy new year choclette – I love seeing your favourite next to ours – and quite frankly it all looks so good that I am sure you had a hard time choosing favourites – I would love my new year’s resolution to be to make everything here but I will probably need to start making your sugar-free recipes once the next WSC entries start to come in 🙂

18. Jacqueline @Howtobeagourmand

8th January 2013 at 3:14 am

Wow! What a wonderful collection of cakes. You truly are an accomplished baker. I think my favourites listed here are Dorset Apple Cake and the Raspberry and White Chocolate Friands.