Raspberry & White Chocolate Friands
My friends the friands are back. This time it’s with a bright pink fruity version. I give you my very own mini raspberry & white chocolate friands, made for after dinner nibbles with friends.
This is what I did:
- Melted 60g unsalted butter in a small pan and left to cool.
- Crushed 50g raspberries in a small bowl with the back of a fork.
- Whisked 2 duck egg whites until frothy in a larger bowl.
- Whisked in 80g sifted icing sugar.
- Gently stirred in the melted butter and crushed raspberries.
- Stirred 30g buckwheat flour and 40g ground almonds.
- Stirred in 50g white chocolate chips.
- Placed a teaspoon of the mixture in 12 mini silicone cupcake cases.
- Placed a whole raspberry on top then filled the cases up with more mixture.
- Divided the remaining mixture between 4 larger silicone cupcakes cases.
- Baked for about 15 minutes at 180C until firm and well risen.
- Left to cool for a little, then turned out onto a wire rack to cool completely.
- Dusted with icing sugar.
Utterly scrumptious, these little friands had just the right balance of sweetness and fruity acidity. The juicy texture combined with the bright colour made these gorgeous to look at and just as good to eat. These were so moist they needed to be consumed on the day, but to be honest, this was not a difficulty.
These are the other scrummy friands I’ve made so far.
I am submitting these to the fabulicious Simple and in Season event. Having been on tour for a few months, this is now back home with Ren of Fabulicious Food.
I’m also submitting them to Let’s Cook with Fruits, a one off event this month hosted by Simply Food.