Apple Sauce and Raspberry Muffins
Following on from last month’s We Should Cocoa, I was in use up leftovers mode. I had a jar of apple sauce that I made back in September still sitting in my fridge and some raspberry puree I’d made some time back that had gone alcoholic. When I spotted Chele’s Skinny Passionfruit and Raspberry Muffins, I knew just how to use that apple and raspberry up. I do like passionfruit, but not having any of those in the house I used double the quantity of apple sauce instead. Mine weren’t quite as “skinny” as Chele’s as I used whole eggs rather than just the whites and I did, of course, add a little chocolate! Using wholemeal and the protein rich quinoa flour made up for these lapses.
This is what I did:
- Sifted 360g flour (150g wholemeal, 150g white and 60g quinoa) into a bowl with 1 tsp baking powder and 1 tsp bicarb of soda.
- Stirred in 105g granulated sugar
- Made a well in the centre and added 2 duck eggs, 300ml apple sauce, 2 tbsp raspberry puree and 3 tbsp milk.
- Mixed together until combined then stirred in 50g chopped 70% dark chocolate.
- Divided mixture between 12 muffin cases and baked at 180C for 18 minutes.