Dulce de Leche Brownies
Having read loads of brownie recipes recently on various blogs I had brownies on the brain – nothing new there of course. So finding a rather ancient jar of organic dulce de leche gathering dust in the back of the cupboard, I knew exactly which brownies I was going to make. I took the recipe from Celia’s wonderful blog Fig and Lime Cordial where the pictures looked most mouthwatering.
- Melted 125g unsalted butter in a large pan with 100g 70% dark chocolate and 200g dark brown sugar.
- Mixed in 30g cocoa and removed pan from heat.
- Beat in 3 duck eggs, one at a time.
- Stirred in 1 tsp vanilla extract and pinch of sea salt.
- Sieved in 140g wholemeal flour and stirred until all incorporated.
- Poured mixture into a 9″ cake thingy.
- Spooned blobs of dulce de leche (250g) over the brownie mixture and then ran a knife through the mixture a few times to create a swirl effect.