Rhubarb & White Chocolate Muffins with a Garden Tour
In our old allotment we used to harvest masses amounts of rhubarb and it was always a challenge to try and use it up. I used to make crumble of course, rhubarb and ginger cake, rhubarb polenta cake and rhubarb vodka, I’d give it away and even managed to sell it at our local organic shop a few times. Since losing that plot, we have been rhubarbless for three years now and I’ve really missed it. We planted a crown in our new plot this year, but won’t be able to harvest anything until next year. Luckily, we had passed a crown of our old rhubarb to my mother and a couple of weeks ago she gave me a nice bunch of it to use – hoorah! I’d already spotted this muffin recipe over at Chocolate Teapot, so I knew exactly what I wanted to make with it.
- Chopped 400g rhubarb into small pieces
- Chopped 150g white chocolate into small pieces (I used my usual Green & Black’s which is very vanillary)
- Creamed 80g unsalted butter with 150g vanilla sugar (I have a jar of granulated sugar with a vanilla pod in it permanently on the go.
- Beat in 2 duck eggs and 100g Greek yogurt
- Stirred in 225g of sifted flour (1/2 wholemeal, 1/2 white) and 1 tsp baking powder alternately with 50g water.
- Added the rhubarb and chocolate pieces and mixed thoroughly.
- Spooned into 12 muffin cases and baked at 200C for 20 mins.