Fudgy Coconut Brownies
Feeling somewhat depressed after the election results, I was in need of cheering up. Something really sweet was required and having just seen Lucie’s Brownie post, I was sorely tempted. Not having much restraint in the food line, I very quickly gave in to the temptation and cooked up a batch myself. As follows:
- Melted 250g unsalted butter in a large pan with 400g soft brown sugar and 100g cocoa.
- Allowed to cool a little then beat in 4 duck eggs.
- Stirred in 100g flour (80g wholemeal spelt & 20g quinoa), pinch of salt, 1 small tsp baking powder and 100g desiccated coconut.
- Poured mixture into a 9″ square cake thingie and baked at 180C for 30 mins.
- Scattered over a spoonful of desiccated coconut as soon as brownies were out of the oven.
- Left to cool and cut into 16 pieces.