Peanut Butter Blondies
Due to a flurry of posts about the Peanut Butter and White Chocolate Blondies in Rachel Allen’s Bake, I thought I’d better see what all the fuss was about.
This is what I did:
- Creamed 4oz unsalted butter with 6oz (1/2 jar) of peanut butter and 6oz sugar.
- Beat in 2 medium eggs and 1 tsp vanilla extract.
- Mixed in 5oz sieved wholemeal flour and 1 tsp baking powder, which made rather a stiff dough.
- Finally mixed in 100g of chopped white chocolate.
- Spooned into a 8×10″ tin and baked at 175°C (gas 4) for 20 mins.
Turned out 20 minutes was a couple of minutes too long! The top was rather browner than it should have been and the middle was not quite as squidgy as I would have liked. Peanut butter and white chocolate were not flavours I would have immediately thought of as going well together, but it actually works really well. I will definitely be making these again, only next time I’ll give them 17 minutes rather than 20.